Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Copying an immobiliser key?

Options
  • 16-11-2005 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi

Need a spare key for my car - I only have the car key - not the master or any other key

Anyone know where I can get this done for a good price?

thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

sasser wrote:
    Hi

Need a spare key for my car - I only have the car key - not the master or any other key

Anyone know where I can get this done for a good price?

thx

What type of car????? just go to a garage for the manufacturer and they should be able to help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

its a fiat brava but I don't have the master key - I have been quoted €120 to have it cloned

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

These keys are manufacturer specific and therefore cant really be duplicated by ordinary locksmiths.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

They can be cloned but it is pricey. Best bet is to get your golden pages out and call all the auto locksmiths.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I'm in the same boat with a punto at the moment. I phoned a whole load of places and all quoted €120. They must all be sending them to the same place to have them done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

thanks for the replies everyone. I have heard someone does it in Blanch for cheaper so going to check that out and see - will also get the golden pages out

thx

Advertisement