Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 dutch students looking for a place to stay on the 25th of november!

Options
  • 16-11-2005 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hey All,

We are two 21 y/o male students from the Netherlands. We're going to Galway, just for fun, for only one night. Since we like Ireland (especially Galway) a lot, we wanted to go there for two days to go to the pubs & clubs over there (we went there on our holidays with friends in 2003 and 2004 and really liked it). The weekend of 25/26 november was our oppertunity, because the flight was only 25euro for a return ticket including taxes!
    Since we want to keep the trip as cheap as possible (...students;)) we wondered if there was anyone in Galway who would let us stay the night (we have our own mattrasses and sleeping bags)! Just for one night and the day after we'll be heading back to the Netherlands again! (we'll try to hitchhike to shannon or by bus).

I don't know if anyone will reply, but it's worth a shot! We can always go to a hostel when we're there!
    Please PM or email ( galway_NOSPAM_@snempaa.nl ) me!

Cheers,

Wouter & Niels from Holland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 snempaa

sorry for the double posting, something went wrong and the board told me i needed to login again and it appeared twice, can anyone delete the other one? thnx, Wouter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Vorak

As far as i know, this is a decent, very cheap hostel, right in the heart of the city. http://www.barnacles.ie/

Sorry i won't be around, i wud have put ye up for the night. Up in Uni in Belfast.

Best of luck visiting my beautiful, though now semi over-run with knackers, City.

J

Thanks for you reply! We'll check in to that hostel if we can't find anyone to stay with (which I hope we do!). Last time we stayed at the Woodquay hostel, it was okay too.

Can you recommend any pubs or clubs? The last times we went a lot to the Kings Head, because of the nice live music. But we didn't visit a lot of other bars, I remember something about the Cellar bar, a club afterwards (forgot the name) and some pubs next to the hostel!

Well I hope that we still find a place to stay and we get some good recommendations for the night out!

Wouter

btw you can also text me at 0876241219

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sacduballon

very cool idea :D i hope you find something. There must be someone who has a place to stay for these two lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Had you lads been two Dutch girls this would have gone soooo much smoother ;)

Another good hostel
    Eyre Square Hostel
    35 Eyre Street, Galway
    +353 91 568432

We'll just stick to the hostels;) Does anyone know if the Claddagh Hostel is nice, because they offer a lot of service for a low price!

All this for 15euro per night:

# Breakfast Included
    # Car Parking Available
    # Internet Access
    # Bicycle Hire
    # Linen Included
    # Towels
    # Children Friendly
    # Guest Kitchen
    # Telephone/Fax Facilities
    # Travel Desk/Travel Info
    # Common Room
    # No Curfew
    # No Lockout
    # Bike Parking
    # No Smoking
    # Taxes included in price
    # Free Internet Access
    # WiFi in lobby
    # WiFi in Room
    # Free coffee and tea al day long
    # Free Map of Galway
    # Free Nightclub Passes

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I walked past it on Queen Street many a time but never ever have I met anyone who stayed there (and I've a lot of foreign friends that started out in hostels all over Galway) so no.

If you do stay there, please post here what your experience was. Note it's the same people on the photos

We'll probably stay there (Claddagh) because we want something different than the Woodquay this time, which wasn't that clean. If they have any vacancies I'll let you know what our experiences were.

Will any of you guys be in the King's Head friday night? You'll recognize us by the Dutch voices;)

Wouter

edit: Do they (King's Head) also have daily (or at least fridays) live music?

We went to the Barnacles, because it was near all the pubs and it looked quite good. (And it was!).

• Advertisement
Advertisement