Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bored of my focus, want something a bit more exciting.

Options
  • 16-11-2005 2:51pm

I'm bored to tears with the Ford Focus I bought 4 months ago.
    I'm looking for something with a bit more poke in it.
    I'm open to suggestions.

I drove an MR2 turbo a while ago and it was a fun if not a bit unpredicatble car to drive! But realisticly a two seater is not really what I am after.

At the moment I'm leaning twoards a pre 2000 celica or a slightly newer Hyundai Coupe.
    I'm not ruling out a hot hatch maybe an older Golf Gti.

I've been driving for 7 years as a named driver and four months on my own insurance. Will the insurance screw me on the above?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

You will have to build up your NCB before they will insure you on a powerful car for a reasonable price...

Reasonable in relative terms to Ireland that is :rolleyes:

Who are you insured with at the moment?

Quinn Direct.
    900 blips a year if that matters.

Insurance up to about 1800 I could deal with but I'm not sure I'd even get that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

how about a VW Bora 1.9Tdi SE 115/130 BHP or Golf GT TDI
    thats what i am thinking of getting.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

I saw a thread somewhere here where they concluded if you want something really exciting you should be looking at a motorbike or an old mini. It sounds like good advice.

A new car, even a fast one, will do things so well it simply wont have a thrill unless you are driving beyond all bounds of what can be considered safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

ronoc wrote:
    Quinn Direct.

Insurance up to about 1800 I could deal with but I'm not sure I'd even get that!

Did you ask them if they would insure an MR2 Turbo?

They wouldn't even look at my car even with a full no claims bonus...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ronoc wrote:
    Quinn Direct.

Also remember that if you sign up for a policy with this crowd that in the event of an accident you will more than likely be held fully responsible given their habit of not fighting claims

Advertisement