Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Iteland all in one billing - problems

• 16-11-2005 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Have had Broadband for over 2 years, starting with IOL, through Esat and now they're BT Ireland. Never really had a problem with them.

In May, availed of their combined line rental and Broadband offer, switched from Eircom.

The next 2 bills were strange due to the change over, but the figures more or less balanced out in the end. So this months bill should be correct. Or so I thought...

I'm on the 1MB Broadband and line rental deal, so though should be €40 per month, according to the BT web site.

On my bill latest, the BB and Line rental charges come out as :

Line Rental : 39.96
    Broadband 2 monthly : 53.72
    BB & LR Discount : -23.44

Vat @ 21% : 14.75

Total BB & LR 84.99

I get billed every 2 months, so I was expecting the total to be €80.

I rang 1904 (BT helpline) and explained to guy on the end what was going on and asked if he could explain the difference.

He went through the charges, and said that they were all correct, and that was what other people were being charged for that package.

Fine said I, but according to BTIreland.com the charge should be €80 and not €84.99.

He couldn't explain it further, so I just let it go (for the time being).

So I'm wondering if anyone else on 1MB BB and LR are getting the same bills? If so, has anyone any suggestions who I could take this up with? It's only 4.99 a month - not a lot, but it's more than they say it should be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Have you selected online billing? If not, that would be adding €5 to your bill.

This interests me as I'm expecting my first €80 bill next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Sarsfield wrote:
    Have you selected online billing? If not, that would be adding €5 to your bill.
    Got it in one the €80 applies if you use online billing only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Plankmonkey

Got it in one the €80 applies if you use online billing only.

He's just signed up though. Website says everyone will be on online billing unless you request it. It's most likely what the charge is for but unless he specifically asked for paper billing then the charge is incorrect. I've just signed up myself and I'm not looking forward to my bill! UTV are still charging me as well this is a complete nightmare!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

He's just signed up though. Website says everyone will be on online billing unless you request it. It's most likely what the charge is for but unless he specifically asked for paper billing then the charge is incorrect. I've just signed up myself and I'm not looking forward to my bill!

UTV are still charging me as well this is a complete nightmare!

I lost any little bit of respect I had left for UTV - on leaving them for Smart when in spite of a specific instruction from me not to deduct a wrong amount from my account they went ahead and did it anyways. Their indifference to the fact that they had effectively 'stolen' money from my account was mindboggling. Their customer service is really gone to the dogs. I wish you luck in sorting out your billing problems with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

Ahhh, sneaky of them.

Online billing was not an option back in the broadband only days, and when I switched over to line rental as well it was over the phone. They never mentioned that they would be charging €5 for getting paper bills.

Had a gander at teh web site, and it really is not very clear. Online billing says that you will save €5 alright, but it's not very clear that they are specifically charging €5 for getting the paper bill in the first place.

Ah well, at least I understand where the money is going to...

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

good luck with trying to get em to change you to online billing. dont click on their link to update to online billing on the website like I did. Its useless and doesent work as they still are charging Me 84.99 I am trying to get em to fix it for Me. nothing yet so far

I'm having the same problem. Just checked my online bill and it's for €85.12 (I made a few cent worth of calls). I checked several times that I've selected online billing. I'm not impressed.

Just been on to BT. Online billing discount wasn't applied to any of my 3 bills to date. Corrections made and I'm to expect a bill for €65 plus calls next time.

There should be a line item on the bill with a €4.13 discount before VAT so if you don't see that, call BT before your bill is issued.

Advertisement