Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redsoc again

Options
  • 16-11-2005 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

so what are we thinkin of Redsocs incredibly thouroght job at advertsing their rodeo thingy?

on the dit boards www.ditsee.com, there are alot of angry people giving out about the intrusive nature of their advertising campaign.

here is one of their emails:

"LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL...

This was supposed to be a welcome to the society email blah blah blah, but we\'ve got bigger and better things to talk about.

Are you free on Thursday 17th of november?

Well guess what y\'all, ITS RED SOCS INAUGURAL NIGHT.... so grab your partner to and fro\' and jump around like Billy-joe! coz we\'re havin a frickin\' BARN DANCE!

THURSDAY 17TH OF NOVEMBER IL MONDO RANELAGH

where the f*ck is Ranelagh? 10 min walk from town and the Luas goes there too!!!

!!!!DRESS LIKE DUKES OF HAZZARD!!!!

!!!!MECHANICAL BULL!!!!

prize for best bull rider.

oh i nearly forgot.....

!!ALL DR.INKS €3 ALL NIGHT=EVERY1 WILL BE GOOD LOOKING!!

LOVE RED SOC "

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Are people complaining about the email? Screw it, it serves people right for joining the society. What did they expect, a well thought out and carefully balanced essay about the event? So wheres the problem?
    I've more of a problem with B&T repeatedly texting me when I didnt even join their society!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

i think the point people are argueing about is that they were coerced into joining. i know thats kinda stupid cause noone can actually force the 2 euro outta ya but i spose....i dunno...uve seen the guinness ad, people just like to complain.

but anyway, yeah, come on, that email is pretty poor. not lookin for an essay, just for actual sentences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

i think the point people are argueing about is that they were coerced into joining. i know thats kinda stupid cause noone can actually force the 2 euro outta ya but i spose....i dunno...uve seen the guinness ad, people just like to complain.

but anyway, yeah, come on, that email is pretty poor. not lookin for an essay, just for actual sentences

You sound like you don't belong in Redsoc! Join Dramasoc since you are so concerned about grammar and not partying :P :v: :v:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

im heading to it tonight party on, lets hope its good, taking the ol camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

the people who are complaining about it should be gassed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the man speaks truth

guys come on, ive done a 180 since i actually talked to you guys, and i really hope your event thingy is a success, but that is a piss poor email by any standards.

and what has good grammar got to do with drama soc.

i remember the last time we gassed people for complaining....it was called nazi germany

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

i remember the last time we gassed people for complaining....it was called nazi germany

jesus man dont take everything so seriously.
    There is an awful lot of haters on the boards DIT forum.

brilliant night, hats off to the red soc, saps they may seem, orgainise a good night tho. instead of mech bull they had sumo in a bouncy castle. will post a link in a day or so to pics of the night, hottie galore

Went to the pod meself, was a good student night.. dying to see the pics tho.. will try to head to the next redsoc event I know 1 of the lads who runs it :v: :v:

• Advertisement

shoutman wrote:
    jesus man dont take everything so seriously.
    There is an awful lot of haters on the boards DIT forum.

yes, i really think redsoc is behind the plot to turn ireland into nazi germany.......not

stop taking stuff seriously urself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

who'll do the gassing?

(eagerly awaiting response)

Yeah the email was a bit poor, but meh, it obviously caused a fair bit of publicity since we're talking about it loads.

Great to see new people to the ol' DIT boards forum even if it is just to spread a bit of RED propaganda.

Sig Heil!!!

Here's the thread in question http://www.ditsee.com/showthread.php?t=36
    Yeah the email was a bit poor, but meh, it obviously caused a fair bit of publicity since we're talking about it loads.

Great to see new people to the ol' DIT boards forum even if it is just to spread a bit of RED propaganda.

Yeah we nearly have enough for a meetup! Maybe we should all meet up at the next RedSoc event hahaha :v: :v:

actually since its redsoc, a metaphor involving russia would have been better than nazi germany.......ah well

i heard the rodeo thingy was really good.

fair play to redsoc.......now all they have to do is keep up the good work.....all year long

It really begs the question... why cant the SU and the other societies run events like this? I havent heard a bad thing about it really, though I havent heard alot about it.

because its near impossible to organise an event like that outside the normal event weeks, freshers week, rag week etc.

unless of course you have an army of minions.....enter redsoc.

i mean basically what it takes is the free labour of 25 people for a month and a half at least.....would you care to run one? :p

who'll do the gassing?

(eagerly awaiting response)

If we can drag your man away from banging the auld one i should be able to get a lend of his personal stash.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

If we can drag your man away from banging the auld one i should be able to get a lend of his personal stash.
    haha

no one else will get that, but it's a doozey.

i believe he has quite an impressive oven

• Advertisement

because its near impossible to organise an event like that outside the normal event weeks, freshers week, rag week etc.

unless of course you have an army of minions.....enter redsoc.

i mean basically what it takes is the free labour of 25 people for a month and a half at least.....would you care to run one? :p

How the hell is it impossible to organise an event outside of the main weeks? Who put this mentality in place? Its absolute bull****! Its obviously can be done if REDsoc just did it! Army of minions... ENTS Crew anyone? And surely thats one of the things the Vice Pres in charge of all this stuff gets paid for?
    Ah, I've spent two years of my life running student events, I'm strictly doing the study thing this year. Though the thought of running a gig might be interesting.

wow, three months back and only one event organised by the students/ societies, granted it was extremely well done and that the fashion show is coming up

and the ents crew...bar clearing away chairs in the su in aungier st, and stewarding the frag trip....well you tell me what they have done....im probably wrong

and with regards to alan mac organising stuff i know that he has. there are nights on wednesdays every week on both north and south sides....every week.

haha

no one else will get that, but it's a doozey.

i believe he has quite an impressive oven

it isnt a patch on his shower room though.

Ah here, you cant call a nightclub every Wednesday as an event. Its pretty much doing the promotion for the nightclubs. Thats like saying "Barcode on a Thursday is a DIT event". Ah, I cant wait til next year to start organising stuff.I said I wouldnt get involved in societies, but if it wasnt for the lack of information floating around I'd have tried my best to get some sort of rock society in action. I never expected there to be such a lack of interest in all things Society in DIT. I dunno, theres just no real buzz about anything from what I can see, and I'm in first year so my class mates are ment to be the excitable impressionable types that normally fill up these events.

the same thing gets said every year just before xmass

Why just before xmas? Is it cause the Freshers give the place that amount of time before realising "hey... this place doesnt actually get any better" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Elley

If you try to organise more events, they aren't really events, just another night out!

Why just before xmas? Is it cause the Freshers give the place that amount of time before realising "hey... this place doesnt actually get any better" ?

have you not been on the rag trip.

complaints only happen pre xmass cause rag happens post xmass

seriously, i think alot of second years are just staying till rag week.

rag week is the best thing that has ever happened. it was so good last year that parents rang joe duffy complaining 'my little suzie was wasted for four days after going on the trip'

it rocks all

Thats cos Suzie a little loser who can handle her drink.

• Advertisement

just do what i do, bum into all the trin/ucd events, prob solved

Advertisement