Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the 6600gt woth getting..

Options
  • 16-11-2005 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

i can see that alot of these people posting are having alot of trouble with there 6600gt's...i am getting a whole new system for christmas and the 6600gt is included...i dont really want any other card...will this play the latest games..with a gig of ram ..and a 3000+ amd 939 processor...?..what is the 3000+ processors power compared to intel cards like how many ghz would this be the same to on a intel processer seen as amd works alot harder with lower amount of cycles and the intels work lesser but faster cycles..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ConnD3mned

The 3000+ has a clock speed of 2Ghz (if I remember correctly)but actually runs at around 3Ghz when compared to an intel processor. That's where the 3000 in the name comes from. As for the graphics card I have a 6600(it's not a gt) and I have had no problems with it (apart from the fact that I would love a better graphics card).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

so what is the 6600 really like, im thinking of upgrading my FX5900 AGP to a 6600GT PCI Express, will i notice any difference and is it good value at €157 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

for the money of a 6600gt you can't get better performance!

quality budget card!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You do realise that you can't plug a PCI-Express card into an AGP slot, right?
    There is an AGP version available; from what I've learned, you don't lose any discernible bandwidth with AGP 8x, compared to PCI-e 16x.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭sharpjaws

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    You do realise that you can't plug a PCI-Express card into an AGP slot, right?
    There is an AGP version available; from what I've learned, you don't lose any discernible bandwidth with AGP 8x, compared to PCI-e 16x.
    i think he knows just what his doing :) , id recommand an sli board, and get a 6600GT for now ( which is a good card, my friend has it, no problem at all, runs latest games smoothly on medium settings) then upgrade to another 6600GT later on to dobel the performence :P then u can get the same performence of a 6800GT, altho u can get a decent 6800GT PCI for really cheap now , not worth doing a 6600GT sli

• Advertisement
Advertisement