Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

little more scooter help !

Options
  • 16-11-2005 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

i have a Yamaha Aerox 50cc its 2003 so its fairly good condition bike, em only problem tho is i can kick start grand but this is the wierd problem starts, the starter on the handle bars works sometimes and sometimes it doesnt but i also noticed that when it starts of the starter it the back break works and when it doesnt work the break light doesnt work zt all, but the back light is on and all the other light work fine! :confused:

i dunno what it could be anyone have any ideas ? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,691 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Flat battery. I'd imagine the reason the head/tail lights work is because the generator powers them directly and not through the battery. My first bike was like that - if the engine stalled then the lights would go out :eek:

Anyway, in your case I'd suggest having a look at the battery, if it's not the totally sealed type it might need topping up with distilled water (NOT anything that came out of a tap) to the correct level, and then charge it. If that doesn't sort it then the battery is knackered and needs replacing.

Many car battery chargers are too powerful for bike batteries, if the battery overheats it can explode! You want a 'trickle' charger (any decent car shop will have one). Also make sure you get a 6 volt charger if it's a 6 volt battery.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

aw man cheers for the reply ! ill go get the battery checked out :D

Advertisement