Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart gets 3G licence

• 16-11-2005 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Smart Telecom has been offered
    Ireland's fourth 3G licence by the
    Commission for Communications
    Regulation.

ComReg said that Smart's application
    did well on areas such as the speed of
    its network rollout and coverage to be
    provided at key milestones, backed up
    by attractive performance guarantees.

Smart Mobile will now be asked to
    formally accept the 3G 'B' licence and
    comply with associated conditions.

The licence provides for a minimum of
    53% coverage to be achieved by October

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

Brilliant, more competition. Better for the consumer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

are there not a million and one posts in the broadband forum complaining how slow Smart has been to roll out broadband, and that they have been stringing customers along with lies about when they will be connected?

Hardly the sort of customer service that should be rewarded which such a lucrative contract :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Yeah I was with Smart Telecom before I switched to BT Ireland. I had a package for internet at the time with Eircom and Smart said it would not affect me being with them . When I got my bills in I was charged for my dial ups to my Eircom package which they said would be included!!! They refused to accept it so I switched leaving the bill unpaid.

I hope Smart Mobile will be Smarter than Smart Telecom!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Smart's delay with rolling out broadband is to do with Eircom delays.

However, they're notorious for their inability to correctly bill their customers which is kinda worrying if they're moving to mobile as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 SaltySeaDog

this doesn't make sense to me, how can Smart guarantee a quicker rollout than eircom/meteor, eircom/meteor are the same now, they both have substantial installations across ireland, they could just use existing structures, put in 3g kit and off we go..

Smart have nothing, no core, messaging,customer service.......does anyone know if they're licence includes the clause that another operator will have to provide roaming agreement, similiar to 3 and voda?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I can't see this ending well..

Advertisement