Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eye care cream: for boys

• 16-11-2005 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Whats a good eye care cream for us boys? Typical price and where will i find it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

At night I use: No 7 - Uplifting eye cream.

It's expensive - 20e but it's very good, and lasts ages

In the morning I use : No 7 - Awakening eye gel

Costs 8e - Gets rid of dark bags fast.

Both of them you can get at boots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Thankyou. Will give both a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Brenner

daRobot wrote:
    In the morning I use : No 7 - Awakening eye gel

Costs 8e - Gets rid of dark bags fast.

Both of them you can get at boots

do you mean Chanel No. 7 or is it a boots own brand or something.
    Cheers
    Bren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Brenner wrote:
    do you mean Chanel No. 7 or is it a boots own brand or something.
    Cheers
    Bren

They are both Chanel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

daRobot wrote:
    At night I use: No 7 - Uplifting eye cream.

I think daRobot's referring to Boot's own brand called No.7. That whole range of creams and cosmetics is generally good value for money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Chavster

I've got permanent black bags under my eyes. Some days they're more prominent than others but they're always there to some degree. Coupled with my pale skin I sometimes look like a demented crack head looking for a fix which isn't great going for interviews and stuff.

Is there any way to get rid of them or at least make them less noticeable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Chavster wrote:
    I've got permanent black bags under my eyes. Some days they're more prominent than others but they're always there to some degree. Coupled with my pale skin I sometimes look like a demented crack head looking for a fix which isn't great going for interviews and stuff.

Is there any way to get rid of them or at least make them less noticeable?

Yeah, Boots does an excellent little thing called 'time to treat, instant eye brightner'
    Its not very expensive, and it does the trick, you just apply it under the eyes before your foundation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Chavster

Maybe should have mentioned I'm a bloke. does it work without foundation? Is it a cover up thing or something that permanently affects them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Maybe this thread will help?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054850627

Other suggestions include putting cucummber or raw potato on your eyes for about 15 minutes.

Are you straining your eyes much?
    Too much VDUs, late nights and stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Nasty_Girl wrote:

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I use the Nivea one but I'm not convinced it really does a whole lot. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

Bateman wrote:
    I use the Nivea one but I'm not convinced it really does a whole lot. :(

is that the nivea eye revitalising eye relief q10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

The No 7 stuff works well. Plenty of sleep, fresh air and water will clear them up too,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Chavster,

Yves Saint Laurent do a light reflecting concealer called Touché Clat developed particularly for hiding bags. I use it myself as I get very dark circles around my eyes if I'm tired. It's about €22 and available in Arnotts, Debenhams and Brown Thomas. Go for the lightest shade if you have a pale complexion and if you're in any way embarrassed about buying it, get your mum to go in or a close girl friend.

Hope I was of some help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

No7 eye cream is very good but the skin under your eyes is sensitive so just put a little on the first time you use it and see how you get on. Body Shop do a good eye gel too, it's a small clear tub with a black lid.

Advertisement