Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

• 16-11-2005 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Okay, your opinions on our local radio namely KCLR. 1. Kool or Krap!

2. More Carlow than Kilkenny info/Sports coverage

3. Should Kilkenny be entitled to another radio station? Waterford have 2,
    WLR + BEAT. why not KK?

4. Your favourite/Worst Presenter

Thanx,
    Paul.;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I thought they marketed Beat as a whole south-east station rather than specifically waterford-centric? I rarely ever listen to KCLR... any time I turn it on there's usually some country and western type ****e playing, much like Radio Kilkenny, which totally turns me off.
    KCLR needs more in the way of local news, besides 'the death has taken place of x, y and z'. For instance, when radio kilkenny was around, you could always rely on it for stuff like news of some bad road accident screwing up traffic etc. I remember a few weeks ago, the Ballyragget road between henebry's cross and the dinin bridge was blocked during the evening rush hour due to a bad accident with several ambulances and fire trucks etc in attendance... not a word about it on the radio, all the kilkenny-bound traffic had to pull U-turns and head back towards Ballyragget/Castlecomer.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Stephen wrote:
    I thought they marketed Beat as a whole south-east station rather than specifically waterford-centric?

Your right they did,
    As a person currently living in Waterford, they don't market it or neither is it seen as a Waterford station....WLR is however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Yeah, ur right about beat. as far as i know KCLR only play country s***e
    Late in the night time. Agree with you on the traffic issue as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

1. Crap
    2. I find it pretty equal when it comes to county information
    3. KCLR is just Radio Kilkenny under another name. They always had Carlow info on RK. And anyway dont Carlow have CKR?
    4. I hate all the presenters. They're sh!te, the shows are crap, the music is terrible and I never listen to it by choice.

Nightwish wrote:
    1. Crap
    2. I find it pretty equal when it comes to county information
    3. KCLR is just Radio Kilkenny under another name. They always had Carlow info on RK. And anyway dont Carlow have CKR?
    4. I hate all the presenters. They're sh!te, the shows are crap, the music is terrible and I never listen to it by choice.

3. not true, different format to radio kilkenny, more kk info than carlow,
    no they don't have CKR, that closed up just before radio kk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 fatladysang

John keane Rules man and I heard their Production Guy on a Few times - He is great too..Stephen Dee Ex SER

John keane Rules man and I heard their Production Guy on a Few times - He is great too..Stephen Dee Ex SER

Hello Stephen!:p :p:p

Nightwish: Both CKR and Radio Kilkenny were shut down when the broadcasting commission asshats changed the licencing areas around here... Carlow and Kilkenny are now the one, and Kildare is by itself, so Kildare now has Kfm and Carlow/Kilkenny gets KCLR instead of Radio KK and CKR.
    I don't agree about it having unbalanced coverage of kilkenny stuff over carlow stuff or vice versa, as as far as I know, they broadcast different programmes to each county at certain times - easy to do since you receive it on different frequencies in each area. So if you listen to it in Kilkenny you hear more kilkenny stuff, in carlow you hear more carlow stuff, and so on.

I'm still not a fan though :p

Most days I listen to mp3s in the car on the way in to work, and I listen to the last word on today fm on the way home. Don't really listen to the radio at any other times besides when it wakes me up in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

I`am from waterford and I can honestly say that I miss the great commentary that the station gave on Hurling when Kilkenny play. The 2 lads were second to none.:)

I think Barry Henriquez still does commentary on Kilkenny games for KCLR. Not 100% sure on it though.

• Advertisement

eirebhoys wrote:
    I`am from waterford and I can honestly say that I miss the great commentary that the station gave on Hurling when Kilkenny play. The 2 lads were second to none.:)

100% Agree.

Stephen wrote:
    I think Barry Henriquez still does commentary on Kilkenny games for KCLR. Not 100% sure on it though.

I Don't think he does anymore, some disagreement or something. but barry
    is still the legend!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 fatladysang

hey Paul - Im not Stephen..I have never set foot inside the door of KCLR..Well (Once)..But i know who you are

hey Paul - Im not Stephen..I have never set foot inside the door of KCLR..Well (Once)..But i know who you are

Of course you do;) We know each other well. How are ya keepin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

ah well, little do I know. the only contact I have with KCLR nowadays is when I'm in a taxi-they all listen to it.
    Its fookin' sh!te either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Whenever I am home for the weekend all I hear are complaints about 'the new radio'. People don't seem to have warmed to it at all, even though it is pretty much the same as was.

Bring back Billy Murphy doing the Hospital Requests!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Luka

Heard their ratings went up again!! They must be happy

Luka wrote:
    Heard their ratings went up again!! They must be happy

Source?? I'd like to see their REALRatings:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

djpaul wouldnt perhaps have had a vested interest in the previous incarnation? like as a dj maybe?

one was as bad as the other

the people who get NUJ cards these days

Fun Coyne at least was....fun

Ann Marie Walsh was cool (thanks for all the free tshirts if u ever see this)

Tom Dowling constantly telling me to get out of the studio gggg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Luka

Source??? I presume its like where all radio stations gets their ratings, its from the JNLR's..... Why? do you think they just guess how many????

As Bryan McFadden once sang seems REAL to me.... :D

• Advertisement

Luka wrote:
    Source??? I presume its like where all radio stations gets their ratings, its from the JNLR's..... Why? do you think they just guess how many????

As Bryan McFadden once sang seems REAL to me.... :D

www.bci.ie/news_information/press46.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ivorbiggen

cant stand KCLR and for that johnny b***y....well that stuff is just crap.
    he was crap before and still is.the only good thing about the new radio station is apart from that johnny they got rid of alot of other crap so called dj's.i cant remember their names...u had that little dude with the top 20 who also does a night club in KK.no wonder the club is empty :confused: and then ur one she was'nt that bad sue something.
    but how the fcuk did johnny slip though the net.

today FM all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 turkeytwizz10

Stephen wrote:
    i think the other guy is tommy lanigan (not sure though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

KCLR is not a patch on the old radio KK or the current WLR for that matter.
    They haven't even got a web link ffs.
    The stations coverage of GAA is not a patch on what it was with Barry Henriques & especially Pat Treacy on the old KCR.

They do have a website - but there's bugger all useful information on it: http://www.kclr96fm.com/

Advertisement