Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VII DS Remake rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

I think it was cancelled because the big fmv movies they made would not fit on a n64 cart.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was moved to PS1 early on due to the cartridge based system not having the storage capacity for a game of it's size. There are some CGI like demos of FFVI characters in a battle that was rumoured to be a graphical test demo done on the N64. It does look very like FFVII. I think rpgamer.com have them in really low quality. The stuff in the article about FFVII being in an advanced state of developement is absolute bullsh*t. There was hardly a screenshot of it released if there was even one and development had only just started when the project moved to the PS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Just bring it back on anything I don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The stuff in the article about FFVII being in an advanced state of developement is absolute bullsh*t.

I thought so. Theres no way they would have scrapped it if it was almost complete. it would be nice to play VII on the bus though.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

if they are gonna remake it, then do it properly. do it on the ps3, or whatever current console, and make it look like the tech demo that was shown at e3.

the fact that they had that tech demo, and arent planning on re-making it (as for as i know) is just evil....vile temptress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Kiith wrote:
    the fact that they had that tech demo, and arent planning on re-making it (as for as i know) is just evil....vile temptress

Feckers did the same thing to show what VIII would like on the PS2. Evil? I concur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

I say wait 10 years for the remake, we always think the current technology would be perfect for a remake but in 10 years if the game still remains a classic in the eyes of most gamers a remake could be stupendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

I wanna see it on the console that can make the actual game look like FF7 Advent Children,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just back from america and they have preorders for FFIV remake for the DS, which is a bit silly. Mosyt people want FF3 because it was never released with an english translation and FFVII would be infinitely more popular than a game that was only recently rereleased anyway. Square enix are really milking the franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Just back from america...
    Retro, did you pick up that new Dragonquest game with the FFXII demo?

• Advertisement

Yes I picked it up. Haven't tried it yet. My PS2 is in my mates house at the moment and I kind of want to play Shadow of the colossus first after the stunning demo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Deoxys

I heard they have started making it for the PS3 Anyone know anything about that?

It's just a tech demo of the intro rendered to show the power of the PS3 when it comes out, whatever that means since it wasn't on a PS3. Anyway Square Enix said they aren't doing a remake but are considering it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Deoxys

yah i heard that to then i heard they resumed making it after th 1st cutscene and its meant to be 1 of the launch titles.Probably wishful thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

There releasing Final Fantasy III on the DS. Should be good, there's a little teaser trailer out there somewhere but it literally show's you nothing of the actual game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Just back from america and they have preorders for FFIV remake for the DS, which is a bit silly. Mosyt people want FF3 because it was never released with an english translation and FFVII would be infinitely more popular than a game that was only recently rereleased anyway. Square enix are really milking the franchise.

Yeah, they release FFIV for GBA as part of the "Finest Fantasy for Advance" project. Basicially FFIV, FFV and FFVI are being re-released on the GBA.

I'm playing FFIV on my gameboy micro and loving it. Nearly finished it too.

Advertisement