Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students Union

Options
  • 16-11-2005 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

A discussion is going on on the WIT board at the moment about the WITSU. In was wondering what you all thought of the SU in your respective colleges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

More related to College Play.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Our student union sucks it gets worse every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

heh.........check out the UCD forum for many a rant on our SU.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

DCU's SU make a fair effort, but I've heard stories that about them, mostly saying they're corrupt. If any of these stories are true its a sad state of affairs.

I think SU's get clicky. Most of the regular students just want to enjoy college and be left alone, as a result they tend to ignore their SU and so the Union ends up addressing a small audience. Example: In DCU last year we had 10,000 students. Only 1,000 turned out for the SU elections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

I think that the SU out in UCD do a great Job. Everytime an issue is brought to their attention they do their very best to resolve it. Its far from cliquey, everytime someone new gets involved, they are always welcomed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'll generally give the UCDSU the thumbs up. Overall I feel they do an excellent job to the best of their abilities and are a credit to the college. I don't agree with everything they do but I personally feel they don't get the credit they deserve from students.

The only issue I really have a problem with the UCDSU and I consider it to be a big one is that they don't have their eye on the ball 100% on student matters. There is too much protesting and campaigns against issues that absolutely no relevance whatsoever to our college, students or education. This is an issue which has prevented me being involved in the UCDSU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭GUBU

UCCSU are very helpful in my experience and genuinely interested in student affairs. However, many students either don't know or don't care what the SU is there for. Many people don't bother going to the SU with their problems, then complain that the SU has done nothing for them. Apathy towards the SU seems to be a huge problem, only 11% of students turned out to vote in the last elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

NCISU are great i think....

Advertisement