Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on 3g phones

• 16-11-2005 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

My Brothers getting a 3g phone, against my advice i must add,
    basically hes offered an upgrade from vodafone now he needs to choose which 3g he wants, the motorola v1050 is out no BT and he wants it for his earpiece, the nokia 6630/80 is out it's the smae as my sisters phone and so is the SE V800 as thats mine, and we don't want to be confusing them.
    so he's left with
    Samsungs, poey, chelsea phones, sorry
    anyway he's been offered the Z140v, the Z500v and the Zv10.
    sorry i'm wondering if any of you have any knowledge or experience on these phones, just how easy they are to use, maybe common problems etc, or if you know of any new or imminent arrivals on the scene he should hold off for.
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Hold off for the N70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

isn't that a road .
    what brand is it? i'd like to have a look
    and is it definitely coming out on vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

It's a Nokia. I would post a direct link, but their site it all flash now. You'll have to navigate it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Samsung Z500v comes highly recommended by a number of people I know

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I have a Z500v and find it fantastic, but for one flaw, the alarm on it seems incredibly unreliable!

I'm not sure if the problem is hereditary or down to the dodgy Vodafone firmware. So, if anyone else has a Z500, does your alarm work OK? I'm currently looking into flashing the firmware. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

byte wrote:
    I have a Z500v and find it fantastic, but for one flaw, the alarm on it seems incredibly unreliable!

I'm not sure if the problem is hereditary or down to the dodgy Vodafone firmware. So, if anyone else has a Z500, does your alarm work OK? I'm currently looking into flashing the firmware. :o
    I should be able to unbrand them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Does anyone have the samsung z140v?
    Is it a good pone or is it full of bugs?
    Also would it work ok on 2g?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

quinnd6 wrote:
    Does anyone have the samsung z140v?
    Is it a good pone or is it full of bugs?
    Also would it work ok on 2g?
    They are a beautyful phone, tiny phone with loads of features. I unlocked two of them for a guy in the UK. They will work on 2G.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I should be able to unbrand them.
    They're apparently relatively easy to unbrand (I have MultiLoader), it's just a case of finding a decent un-marred firmware to replace with.

And I'm unsure if it's the Voda IRL firmware that's the reason behind the alarm not working :(

The Z140 is down to 99eur RTG whereas the Z500 is still 299eur. Also, I think the Z500v has a better camera (1mp) than the Z140v?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Patrick Murphy

byte wrote:
    it's just a case of finding a decent un-marred firmware to replace with.

I have the unbrand files.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

thanks for the advice he got the z500 yesterday and seems happy with it.
    the n70 does look very nice though.

thanks for the advice

Advertisement