Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG RH-7900 160gb Hdd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

I asked the same question on this Forum about 3 weeks ago and when i got no reply i did a little bit of digging, if you go to hxxp://www.videohelp.com and click the region hack link and type 7900 and hit search you'll be plesantly suprised.

I'm going to pick one of these babys up this week i will let you know how i get on.

Flop

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭RintPete

Thanks Flop, I'd be really interested in the review.

-=- RintPete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭kam3qnwvebf4jh

Guys, if you're going to spend 450, why not go Sony. Same amount of hard disk and excellent reviews.

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/88825/art/sony/rdr-hx710-dvd-writer-with.html

Guys, if you're going to spend 450, why not go Sony. Same amount of hard disk and excellent reviews.

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/88825/art/sony/rdr-hx710-dvd-writer-with.html

Looks good, thanks. Its also Region Free hackable (albeit with an universal remort control)

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?select=Sony+RDR-HX710

Did you buy one?
    -=- RintPete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭kam3qnwvebf4jh

Not just yet. On the verge of placing an order though.

Regards,

• Advertisement

Hi Lads,

Mine 7900 arrived the other day and in 15 mins i was up and running. it took about 5 mins to sacn my alnalog cable channels, i have a bit of fiddling around to get them in the right order but nothing major.

Plays any disc i could throw at it. DVD-R/+R CD_R VCD, SVCD etc.

Plays DivX and Xvids not problem ;-)

recording to HDD was a piece of piss, press record then stop and then there is a button called home which asks you do you want to play a disc or from HDD, select HDD and away you go.

I haven't had a chance to look at the time slip/ chance recording modes or make it region free yet bu thats on the cards later in the week.

More later
    Flop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Be careful of Sony recorders, mate recorded some stuff off tv for me and I tried to rip onto my pc (its an ISO file) and Sony have some anti copy thing on it (think its called arccos) even though it was only a documentary!! Only happens when u put it on your pc. Can be ripped but need to have something like DVD43 running at same time to overcome problem. Any one else have this problem??

RintPete, I was able to get the LG 7900 to region 0 via this method:

Power On, insert the other region dvd in and the it will say wrong region. Afterwards the tray is opened Press 0 button 7 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

yeah important thing is to be able to 'upgrade' the hdd later... i just want to buy an 80Gb hdd DVR and replace it with an off the shelf 250->300Gb hdd... big names like sony prevent this along with taking media off so I am trying to avoid them... LG looks like a good option....

flop wrote:
    RintPete, I was able to get the LG 7900 to region 0 via this method:

Power On, insert the other region dvd in and the it will say wrong region. Afterwards the tray is opened Press 0 button 7 times.

Seems pretty straight forward, thanks.

Now I need to decide on the Sony or the LG.

• Advertisement

Oh one last thing, i dubbed a program from the Hard Disk to a DVD-RW and was able to copy/rip the DVD. I didn'tfind any restrictions compared to the Sony issue earlier in the thread.

Flop

Advertisement