Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C Programming books

Options
  • 16-11-2005 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Hey having trouble with C programming in 2nd year cs, was wondering is there any good books you could recommend to me? I understand (usually) how the code works just it's difficult for me to follow the lecturer and are trying to rectify that atm. Just want something to keep me on top of things and that may be useful in future also, cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

K&r

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Static

sjones wrote:
    K&r

As uselessly vague as that answer was, he's right.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0131103628/

The C Programming Language
    Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie
    ISBN: 0131103628

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Static

It's more of a good reference, than a good 'intro' book, however it's excellently written. If you're absolutely useless / not 'getting' it at all, perhaps there are better books, but 'k&r' as it's known it's a book that most people who buy it like to hold onto for good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'd recommend a more tutorial book such as Sams 'Teach yourself X in XX hours/days' series. They have a couple on C iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

cheers again lads, got my hands on a teach yourself in 21 days one alright. Gonna have a look through it. Deffo going to get my hands on the k&r at some stage. Nice one for the help. :p

Advertisement