Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OpenSSH problem -help!

• 16-11-2005 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Ok what im trying to do is setup a SSH server on my PC.
    Im running 'OpenSSH on Windows' on a Windows XP Pro (SP2) box.
    I have a Netopia Cayman 3300 series ADSL Router.

The problem is when trying to access it from a remote connection i cant on standard 22 or 443 ports, the only port i cant actually connect to it remotely on is port 80, which i need for my webserver. I have also tried other non standard ports but these dont work either.

Now when im physically using the computer running OpenSSH i can connect using 'localhost' and any port number i configure OpenSSH with, so this led me to believe it was a firewall issue or port forwarding on my router because an external IP cant access the server only internal IP's.

Also i have setup my proxy/firewall at my office where im trying to access my SSH server to allow these ports.

So i forwarded ports 443 on my router to my internal machine running OpenSSH. And i was still getting the Connection Refused error when i tried to connect. I also tried port 22 and many other ports, which also did not work.

So i disabled my Kerio Personal firewall, made sure Windows XP firewall was off, and disabled my firewall on my router just to test if it was a firewall issue. But i am still getting the same problem!

Im am completely baffled to why this is happening and would be grateful if anybody may be able to help me out!

Thanks in advance.

JC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Have you tried from another machine on the LAN? Could be you have Openssh configured to only listen on the local interface (i.e. 'localhost/127.0.0.1' is a seperate interface to your regular network interface that has your LAN IP.)

I've never touched ssh on windows, so this is just a guess :-)

Advertisement