Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro what???

• 16-11-2005 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Hello! :)

I'm just after hearing about Metro for the first time this evening on this very forum (where have I been for the past 3 months I hear you ask...).
    I'm with IBB, and my connection (which has been working ok for quite a long time in IBB terms) has started playing up on me again since Monday...
    That, along with the fact that I'm giving IBB €84 EUR a month (:eek:), has prompted me to start looking into this Metro business.
    I visited the Digiweb website, found the rates and read the FAQs etc... but I still have some questions! Can you help me with these please? Here they are:

How does it work exactly?
    Is it like IBB with a line of site required?
    Do I need a phone line?
    What's that story about "porting phone numbers"?
    Metro users: Are you happy with your Metro connection? Or is it another "IBB-like scam"?
    How are pings with Metro (yes, I am a gamer...)?
    Do you prefer McDonald's or Burger King?

Thank you in advance for all your help! Much appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

eh yeah, do you need to get phoneline as welll or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

No you dont need a phoneline. It is based on a LOS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

1: Hello! :)
    2: How does it work exactly?
    3: Is it like IBB with a line of site required?
    4: Do I need a phone line?
    5: What's that story about "porting phone numbers"?
    6: Metro users: Are you happy with your Metro connection? Or is it another "IBB-like scam"?
    7: How are pings with Metro (yes, I am a gamer...)?
    8: Do you prefer McDonald's or Burger King?

1: Hello back :D
    2: Magic internet-faries. Also known as radio waves I suppose
    3: LoS required, but certainly NOT IBB-like.
    4: No phone line needed - 1 is provided as part of the deal (wireless)
    5: I think you can port numbers, not sure though.
    6: The connection was dodgy, to say the least, over the past month. Here's hoping we're not charged for it ;)
    But they really were just teething problems from the looks of things.
    There are 2 very active digiweb ppl on boards.ie (Chaz and Crawler), and digiweb's support line is manned by VERY nice, and VERY helpful staff, who actually seem to understand what they're talking about. Refreshing change from scripted drones, and a pleasure to deal with.

All that said, however, the past 2 days have seen an instant increase in performance. I'm a heavy gamer aswell, and the connection has been _flawless_ for 48 hours now.
    They've ironed out most, if not all, of the issues we've been having, so you're getting in at JUST the right time :)

I say jump on it - 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

yeah id agree with zoro, a few ups and downs over the last few weeks but its back to normal now, im happy with it, and if im happy its sure to be good :D

go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Well, guess what? I've ordered Metro! :D

I have to say the guy I was speaking to on the phone was great! Extremely professional and very well informed (so refreshing for an IBB customer like myself!).
    I've given all my details and hopefully I will be part of the growing Metro family in a couple of weeks (I hope to God I have a line of sight though!).

Thank you for your replies ricey and (especially!) zoro! ;)

I'll keep you guys updated on the situation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Thank you for your replies ricey and (especially!) zoro! ;)
    No problem - and definitely be sure to air any problems that you have here - it's helpful even just knowing that its not just your connection acting the maggot. believe me.

Also - to the non-digiweb companies that are certain to be monitoring this forum, see how having some technically savvy ppl on the support phones can help customer opinion?
    The troubles that I've had with metro over the past month were certainly not a pleasure, but speaking to people who actually understand what they're talking about, even to a small degree, has helped to sway public opinion in their favour. Even when the service was bad!

Point to note guys - hire _real_ staff instead of monkeys reading scripts :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Coming to check my LOS soon, I doubt I will have one though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

You are absolutely right zoro! This thread should be shown to IBB in my opinion. If they saw how easy it actually is for them to lose customers by not providing the advertised service and by not providing any customer support, I think they would start making some drastic changes to their procedures/service (which are more than needed we can all agree)!

Advertisement