Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take That - For the Record (on ITV)

Options
  • 16-11-2005 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody watching this? I think it's over at 10.15pm.

It's a documentary about Take That, their career, etc., with interviews with the members now.

Pretty good. Pretty pathetic watching the fans crying, about 10 years after the group split up, lol.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

DaveMcG wrote:
    Anybody watching this? I think it's over at 10.15pm.

It's a documentary about Take That, their career, etc., with interviews with the members now.

Pretty good. Pretty pathetic watching the fans crying, about 10 years after the group split up, lol.

Thoughts?

Why would you post this crap? Stupid band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Ok, there is a music forum AND a tv forum. That's two places this thread would have been more appropriate in, why did you post it on afterhours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

rb_ie wrote:
    Ok, there is a music forum AND a tv forum. That's two places this thread would have been more appropriate in, why did you post it on afterhours?
    Probably because it was more likely to be read quickly here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Because I didn't know which one to put it in.

So 3 posts, and not one of them pertained to the topic of the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

DaveMcG wrote:
    Because I didn't know which one to put it in.

So 3 posts, and not one of them pertained to the topic of the thread.

You asked what we thought. I told you stupid band...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Probably because it was more likely to be read quickly here.

...and also ridiculed more. :v:

Ag marbh wrote:
    You asked what we thought. I told you stupid band...

What does that have to do with the program? If I wanted to discuss Take That's musical abilities, I would have posted a thread entitled 'Take That -- what is your opinion on the musical abilities of this band?'

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Wertz wrote:
    ...and also ridiculed more. :v:
    Well, everybody loves a good argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

And we've come so far... and we reached so high.. and we looked each day and night in the eyeeee... ooohhh do do doop.. we had regrets.. do do dooop, we had good times.. do doo doop.. or something like that:p

I remember I was with my friends in a shop and that came on and they said they thought it was a cool song and then I told them it was take that and they said, ohh, then it's crap:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Jason Orange looks terrible.It looks like hes had a really tough time of it.Hope hes ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dfitzer

ohh the suspense will robbie turn up

Dfitzer wrote:

Turn up where?!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

he snubs them

TomTom wrote:
    he snubs them

Yeah... Gerry Ryan made a point this morning, can you imagine them all getting together and singing old Take That songs, Gary Barlow doing lead, and Robbie in the background? Nah, methinks that'd lead to trouble :p

Dfitzer wrote:

Why would he need to? He's the only one that's not a hasbeen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dfitzer

and you are the only one who cant detect sarcasm

Yeah I traded in my sarcasm detector for a sh*tty thread detector...it's working 100% so far...

Wertz wrote:
    Yeah I traded in my sarcasm detector for a sh*tty thread detector...it's working 100% so far...
    Then you must seek out sh*tty threads to make smart-arse comments like this, because if I saw a thread clearly about Take That, and I didn't fancy talking about Take That, guess what I'd do? Why, I'd click on another thread! :eek: Simple concept, so maybe you should pawn off your sh*tty thread detector and use your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

I know its comes as no great suprise to anyone but Robbie came across as the most pathetic character in the interviews... i guess while the others have had almost a decade to just become normal people again he is still cauught up in that haze of celebrity and surreal nature of it all. You can never tell if he is being sincere but maybe he would prefer Gary's life deep down (very deep ;) )

page 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ag marbh wrote:

I'm very close to banning you from mulitple forums if you keep doing what you're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Julesie wrote:
    You can never tell if he is being sincere but maybe he would prefer Gary's life deep down (very deep ;) )
    Not that deep at all as it turns out.Robbie said he'd swap give up everything to have Garys life at the end of the programme.Pighead reckons hes lying tho,Gaz's missus isn't much to look at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

I saw it, I thought it was funny where the fans where so obsessed, like one woman who, when her son was 3 year old, she used to point at the television and tell her son that gary from take that was his dad, funny stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

BrenC wrote:
    I saw it, I thought it was funny where the fans where so obsessed, like one woman who, when her son was 3 year old, she used to point at the television and tell her son that gary from take that was his dad, funny stuff

That was shocking though!!

I think Gary's wife is gorgeous. And his little kids are cute. He really seems to have the life now. Howard and his little girl was very sweet too.

To be honest I think the only one that came out looking bad was Robbie....it was sad when the band were sitting waiting for him then to find out he wasn't coming. They all genuinley looked disappointed. All I got from the programme was that the four of them were nice, normal guys who wanted to see their old bandmate and Robbie is just a bitter person who has forgotten his roots.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ag marbh wrote:

Stop posting your crap. Banned.

Giblet wrote:
    Stop posting your crap. Banned.

Good. Yeah mate don't post in a thread if you don't have anything sensible to say. Just don't click on threads you know you won't have any interest in rather than post abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Does Robbie have an ego or what? Nothing pathethic about being a fan of something or someone.

With all his success I think Robbie is the unhappiest out of all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

What a good show, I felt like I was 14 again! God I was obsessed with that band. Jason looked really sad :( The rest looked good I thought. Shame Robbie didn't go, he really needs to get over his whole bitterness issue, it's 10 years ago.

Anyway rumour has it they're going to play one song with him at his gig in Croke Park next June. Don't see it happening but you never know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement