Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing calls from India.

Options
  • 16-11-2005 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

Anyone else receiving marketing calls from foreign telecoms companys in the past few days ?. The calls started Thurs 10th (4 calls), Fri 11th (3 calls),
    and 2 calls everyday this week, including today, despite the fact I called Eircom yesterday about it, and they removed my number from Third Party Marketing list. The Eircom rep I spoke to yesterday told me that the calls are originating in India, and they had received a few calls about it. Anyone have any idea how I can get rid of these callers ? My girlfriend answered one of these calls today, and the guy virtually accused her of lying when she told them I was out !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Any caller id?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

got quite a few calls like that on my mobile...no caller id either...after there introduction speech, i just said feck off an hung up...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I have the cruise liner/hotel scam merchants ringing me from Florida and leaving recorded messages on voice mail saying I've won a cruise (only have to pay a few deposits to claim it - all calls recorded so you can't come back on us later).

Perhaps it's a fault with my landline (a Siemens cordless) but they seem to be able to go straight to voicemail so I have a message but never a missed call. Is there a way of doing this with a landline like a mobile?

A whistle is a good way of getting rid of them - unfortunately you end up harming some minimum wage worker who's only trying to get by and a make a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

No. No caller i.d. On monday, after I pushed the guy to spell his company name (very hard to understand him), he told me he was from Tele2. I called tele2 in Dublin and they were surprised that one of their call centre staff would call the same person twice without being asked to call back. They called later to say they had checked, and my number had not been called by any of their staff.
    Brian, do u reckon I could be sued if I Deafened some poor sod with the whistle thing ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

Duiske_Lad wrote:
    No. No caller i.d. On monday, after I pushed the guy to spell his company name (very hard to understand him), he told me he was from Tele2. I called tele2 in Dublin and they were surprised that one of their call centre staff would call the same person twice without being asked to call back. They called later to say they had checked, and my number had not been called by any of their staff.
    Brian, do u reckon I could be sued if I Deafened some poor sod with the whistle thing ? :)

I got a call from somebody called "Jessica" with an Indian accent on behalf of Tele2. Told her in no uncertain terms that I wasn't interested, and to remove my number from whatever database they were using. Sure enough a few weeks later another call from Tele2 (brit call center this time). I immediately demanded to speak to the supervisor whose head I chewed off (I try to make a point of not giving the poor plebs on the frontend a hard time, even Eircom, but management are fair game, I even once managed to get through to an Eircom lifer which was fun!). She claimed that she was ver sorry, their databases aren't linked up, she didn't know how this had happened....

Anyway I called Eircom ad told them to put me on the no calls list, so far I haven't got anything since from Tele2, just those other muppets from Florida

John

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

We've had at least 4 calls from Tele2 in the past couple of months despite telling them we're not interested and to remove us from their database. At this stage, even if I was in the market for a new calls provider, it most certainly would not be Tele2.

Advertisement