Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is aslan organised by dit

• 16-11-2005 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

on thursday.

do you have to buy tickets or pay at the door.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Aslan are ****. Any college ents officer that employs them deserves to be fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

Aslan are ****. Any college ents officer that employs them deserves to be fired.

Listen to the man, he has wisdom beyond his years.

Aslan = C*nts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

i quite like aslan.
    Very melodic and catchy and some of the lyrics are very insightfull.

Dont just diss them because of there working class backround and the fact that many of there fans are celtic supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

shoutman wrote:
    i quite like aslan.
    Very melodic and catchy and some of the lyrics are very insightfull.

Dont just diss them because of there working class backround and the fact that many of there fans are celtic supporters.

I'm dissing them because they are c*nts. Act like they're U2, demanding this and that. Course, I don't mind that, cause it usually means that THEY'VE TURNED UP. (A feat in itself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

If my memory serves me correctly, Aslan played at my Freshers ball (in The Point) when I was in DIT.

I remember them saying, "If we had English accents you'd love us."

They were total scumbags living in denial that no one cared about them because they were totally ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

lay off aslan - the most down to earth guys ever, they are hilarious in person - music is great - far better than most of the irish stuff out there - over 25 years together - you dont get that often either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Oirthir wrote:
    I'm dissing them because they are c*nts. Act like they're U2, demanding this and that.

would you not demand free stuff if you could get away with it?

hell, freshers week proves that we are all desperate for free stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Does anyone know what the hell the op is talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

No tbh, haven't heard of any aslan gigs being organised by DIT lately anyway!

i think there is one, just not sure who organises and who did, apparently, the worst advertising campaign ever

• Advertisement

i doubt it was organised by dit, it was in break for the border on thursday gone, there just happened to be a load of aslan posters around dit sungier street anyway......so it wasnt that badly advertised:rolleyes:

well considering you were the only person to post specific details on it, id say it was

well considering you were the only person to post specific details on it, id say it was

not everybody in dit frequents boards.ie and not everybody who frequents boards.ie visits the eduction_dit board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Oirthir wrote:
    I'm dissing them because they are c*nts. Act like they're U2, demanding this and that. Course, I don't mind that, cause it usually means that THEY'VE TURNED UP. (A feat in itself)
    They still play good music. :)

not everybody in dit frequents boards.ie and not everybody who frequents boards.ie visits the eduction_dit board

its statistics, the people who do visit this thread and the dit part of boards are representitive of the larger dit poplulation.

plus theres the fact that each person who goes to dit has a group of friends who would talk to that person and perhaps tell them of the concert, thereby increasing the chances of the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.....if it were run properly, which imo it wasnt

by the way is that 4 star out of 5 or 10?

lol

its statistics, the people who do visit this thread and the dit part of boards are representitive of the larger dit poplulation.
    they are only representatives of the ones who have internet access, visit boards and the education dit forum

and thats why them talking to people they know expands the representation
    i doubt it was organised by dit

thats ur own post, and if you look back you will see that i said it was a bad campaign, meaning it was unclear and not well sign posted.

to hell with stats, i spend shed loads of time in aungier st, and like the rest of the people here, i knew very little about this gig.

so how can an advertsing campaign that didnt reach the people it was supposed to, and a campaign that was unclear be a good one?

.......take a deep breath peter.......:P

Ugh....

I am not against Aslan because of their working class background. I am not against them because of any apparent bad attitude. I am against them because they play shoddy unoriginal music and dont deserve to get half the gigs they do. Hiring Aslan to play a student event is a lazy cliche and its truly a poor reflection on an ENTS officer to do so. But if it was a DIT event I wouldnt be amazingly suprised... look at all the cover bands that have played DIT events this year alone, its a joke.

And before anyone goes on a big rant about Aslan being great... their biggest hits are covers. Show me an original and great song and I will be amazed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Now I could be wrong here but crazy world, this is and shes so beautifull are all written by aslan no?

and also who do you think people would like to see playing at a DIT event?

to hell with stats, i spend shed loads of time in aungier st, and like the rest of the people here, i knew very little about this gig.

well to be honest you must walk around with your head down, or not being offensive to you or the blind guy, but you could be the blind guy i see occasionaly, because the posters were everywhere - i seen a shed load of them, unless aslan fans were robbing them :D

shoutman wrote:
    Now I could be wrong here but crazy world, this is and shes so beautifull are all written by aslan no?

and also who do you think people would like to see playing at a DIT event?

yep you are right they are aslan originals alright and songs any band would be proud to have written,

as for who people would like to see - i suppose U2 would go down well but then you'd have the same people coming on complaining that the ents officer spent the whole decades budget on one event......theres some people you just cant please.....

anyway my vote goes to frankiestylee for the next dit ents-officer :P

well to be honest you must walk around with your head down, or not being offensive to you or the blind guy, but you could be the blind guy i see occasionaly, because the posters were everywhere - i seen a shed load of them, unless aslan fans were robbing them :D

im not going to argue with you any more about this, you say it was good, say it was bad....what would i know...im only a marketing student.

but yeah id have to agree with frankiestylee, it is a bad cliche, i mean trinners got some seriously good bands over the years

so have dit come to think of it.........go mahoney!

what would i know...im only a marketing student.

join the club so

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

aslan are poo, it wouldnt kill dit to get something decent

First off... there are at least 4 bands that I can think of off the top of my head that have students in DIT and would be more entertaining then Aslan.
    Why havent we had any decent gig night all year? Trinity have gigs at least every Thursday (I know cause my bands playing one this week).
    Why did we have all these **** cover bands during freshers week etc? A CD player would have been better. I mean... its actually rediculous the lack of talent on show in our college. If it was a case of no live acts I might understand, but these cover bands are **** and expensive. Cover bands dont pay for free because they arent trying to get their music to the masses cause its not their music. The ENTS officer dudes get sent 100s of demos from bands who'd be more then willing to rock out for the publicity... what the hell is the story?!

Why did we have all these **** cover bands during freshers week etc? A CD player would have been better. I mean... its actually rediculous the lack of talent on show in our college. If it was a case of no live acts I might understand, but these cover bands are **** and expensive. Cover bands dont pay for free because they arent trying to get their music to the masses cause its not their music. The ENTS officer dudes get sent 100s of demos from bands who'd be more then willing to rock out for the publicity... what the hell is the story?!

i couldnt agree with you more on the above.....and there are 100's of bands that would play at the events for free (yours included)....it is a joke really, but i honestly dont think aslan are that bad and it wasnt exactly in dit?....the revs were ok in freshers week but not as good as a lot of bands on the irish circuit at the moment, roy seven (formerly jove), the rags, glyder, jaded sun??? im sure you could add loads to the list frankiestylee, compared to trinity they are glastonbury and we are ballyjamesduff primary school talent show,

but i still stick to my point that (if aslan was organised, and not just advertised) in dit that it wasnt that bad a catch

yeah i would have to agree, i think the concert would sell out, if not because of a lack of alternatives

but i would disagree that these bands are queing up to perform....only one band handed in a demo before freshers week, and they got to play. dont know if they were decent or not, but i mean, the people in dit arent sitting around refusing demo tapes.

and also, trinity people are asses, and their su are organised asses.

• Advertisement

only one band handed in a demo before freshers week, and they got to play. dont know if they were decent or not, but i mean, the people in dit arent sitting around refusing demo tapes.

and also, trinity people are asses, and their su are organised asses.

how do you know this - if you dont mind me asking - what are the chances of a band handing in a emo and getting to play would you say? and how much would dit normally fork out anyways?

Advertisement