Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is aslan organised by dit

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

ah im just mates with a few people and i was around in the summer when they were organising stuff.

the chances are pretty good. you just have to talk to these people in the su and they are really accomodating. most of the time they are giving out that the resources in dit arent being used.

go down to the basement in aungier st and talk to alan mac stiofan, he will sort you out if you pester him enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I dont know about this year, but I know in previous years Trinity ENTS officers got loads of demos handed into them. I used to run the Trinity Rock Soc, we got more then 100 demos handed into us in one year alone. So if its true that nobody is handing demos into DIT... why is this the case? We've much better facilities for this sort of thing then Trinity and with a lack of DIT societies putting on concerts... we're badly in need of some live music.
    Say what you will about the Trinity SU, but they've had at least one live concert a week since the start of term so at least they're doing something right. Should bands being hunting down the ENTS guy to run events? Surely any ENTS officer worth his salt would organise events and book decent bands. Its not hard to find quality acts... even lets say, get The Republic of Loose instead of Aslan, Future Kings of Spain instead of The Revs.... etc etc. There are hundreds of bands out there, DIT obviously just needs to be seen as being open for gigs.

ya know, its really easy to say there should be someone organizing this stuff, and i know for the last few years you have been, but i mean, people who are willing to take time out of college/work/life to organize, say a battle of the bands which may not fill out, are at a premium. hell, its hard to recruit freshers for committee work on socs, never mind getting them to run one with an aim of a concert a week, which has to serve both north and south sides

as it happens, the posters for the dit battle of the bands, organized by the ents crew must have gone up on friday.

the event is on a week from today

Yeah I just noticed the Battle of the Bands posters today. Bit short notice really for bands to be honest... a week? Most bands'll be hard pressed to have free time with only a weeks notice. But at least its an attempt.
    Hang on, who said anyone has to take time out of study etc... theres an SU Sabbatical officer getting PAID to do this sort of stuff. And ENTS crew normally do this sort of stuff because they get perks from it. And you cant say its hard to get people motivated when you've got Red Soc doing apparently successful events, Journo Soc producing a paper, Net Soc doing their Lan thing etc. There are loads of people out there who want to take on responsibility and do things. In fact we're playing in a battle of the bands next week for DIT 4th year business or something like that. My main point was really the lack of original live entertainment in college.

• Advertisement

dont talk to me about the lan, most organising....ever. im PRO for netsoc. all should come along by the way :)

Yeah I'd say the Lan is an absolute bitch to organise. Do ye guys have a list of specs that have to be met? I was thinking of popping along but I dunno if my laptop could handle some of the more recent beastly games.

my poor old laptop- bessie is her name- will be slogging it out with the supercomputers people are prolly gonna bring.

i reckon you will get away with a not-top of the class- laptop, as will i.

i know ill be playing such classics as red alert 2, total annihilation and counter strike (the one without the hyper grahics generating engine)

Red Alert 2... scccchweeet!

Advertisement