Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live sets and playing the keyboard?

• 16-11-2005 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭

People who play live are you any good on the old keyboard?? Obviously it helps if you were playing the piano from an early age, but did anyone just learn recently and get ok at it, like after a year or two of good practice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i do live sets but its very very rare ill play boards

coz im rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mmc_electerick

heh man, wats up? i play live and use a synth ocassionally.. i have been playing piano from an early age so i guess that comes as a plus.. but i think give it a few months practice yourself and you'll have covered enough to be confident to start using keyboards in your set...

plug :) ->

I'll be playing a live set / laptop dj set (minimal, tech-house, funky techno) this friday (18/11) in the project arts centre with the D.U.I. lads (www.duidjs.com) from 11 onwards and i'll be bringing my synth with me, improvising on it as the set progresses...
    Deadbeat featuring Jack Byrnes of Hystereo (soma records) are playin a live set after me aswell.. so it should be a quality night... and it's free in with drinks promos too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

Oh right thats cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I've been playing piano for 10-11 years odd and am starting to get into the electronic keyboard type styley side of things. Have a Roland EM-20 but want something with weighted keys and something I can program my own sounds into. Played an MS-2000 in musicmaker recently and fell in love with it so an analog modelling synth is top of my wishlist. However, I REALLY want one of these. And could actually make use of it :)

05_1.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

have an ms2000 meself

theyre a bit pants in truth

• Advertisement
Advertisement