Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car radio/cd player problem

Options
  • 17-11-2005 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I have just fitted a new pioneer cd player in my 01 golf.Player and radio work fine its just that when i take out the key from the ignition the cd player turns off and loses all its settings,i.e. stored radio stations and sound settings.this dosnt happen tho when the key is in the ignition,just in the ignition but not even at the acc or on postition and the unit is turned off.
    Anyone got any ideas?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

think thie happened to my brother, and all he had to do was swap some two wires over

not sure though, wait and see what others say

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah its not connected to the car's electrical system properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh one of the wires is wired wrong so the cd player completely turns off when you turn off the ignition and doesnt store anything, all i had to do was find the right wire and wire it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Take the radio out and switch the red with the yellow wire on the iso adapter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭slowhands

eireal wrote:
    Take the radio out and switch the red with the yellow wire on the iso adapter

Cheers buddy,worked a treat.Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement