Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Broke down in kerry

Options
  • 17-11-2005 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

well this is one story, but its not finished till the old lady sings.
    I broke down in kerry the other day. Motor stopped dead after doin 300 miles in the morning. now I need some advice.
    Motor is a deisel peugeot suddenly goin downhill engine cuts out & dies. 8am in morning. try to start but dont coast into layby opposite a cafe. Have cup of tea at 8am when everone stops for tea at 3 pm.
    Very nice lady gives me number for mechanic. He sais I will see you when I am coming back from tralee.
    Go out to motor motor starts. Phone dennis & tell him (notabotherhesais) so I get on my way.12 miles up the road, pull into deisel stn & fill up in case it was gauge up the spout & I had run out.
    Motor does not start. dead as do do turns over but wont kick
    N>E> ideas? if not willl finish tomorrow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Is this a case of "Brokedown in kerry" or a case of "Broke, down in kerry", if the latter, then I'd suggest you call your bankmanager to bail you out.

That aside, could you be a littel more informative, ie, what year and class of peaugot. What engine and what pump, if any.

last time I read of bad news on Peaugots, CRD-EFI type it was resolved with a new ECU for the grand total of $1500..... so "Broke; down in Kerry" may be the real phrase." May be cheaper to abandon and walk home. in which case the old lady may not only sing, but scream. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Berkel

...What a bizarre response! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Berkel wrote:
    ...What a bizarre response! :eek:
    Bizarre but fairly typical of Mr.Murphy. I guess it could be worse - I could start waffling about the joy of French car ownership.

Anyhew, I suggest you give Dennis another shout and get him to bring a towtruck. It sounds like a fault in the fuel system - if the ecu had gone bang it wouldn't have restarted. I had a diesel car do something similar and it turned out to be a faulty fuel solenoid which refused to open - not possible for me to diagnose but €252 to a main dealer and bobs your uncle.

Good luck...

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Moved to Motors proper.

Mike.

Advertisement