Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Trinidad & Tobago' Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Apparently its getting increasingly tough to find their jerseys in the UK because all the Scots are buying them! :D
    Wow, I'd never noticed this thread before - and here's me sitting at my desk with a T&T flag proudly on display ('cause I'm sick of looking at England flags). Count me in too as a supporter I guess :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Yorke to score 3 or more a whopping 100-1+ on most sites.
    Worth a fiver of anyones money.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Trinidad to score 3 or more is even a long shot!

What price on Avery John to get one at any stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Possibly one of the worst teams to make it to the World Cup.

Expect them to get lumped in all 3 games and return home.

zabbo wrote:
    Possibly one of the worst teams to make it to the World Cup.

Expect them to get lumped in all 3 games and return home.

Someone's in a good mood today!

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Someone's in a good mood today!
    I've seen them play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

zabbo wrote:
    I've seen them play.

But not in a World Cup, when we got to 90 WC a lot of people thought the same about us as they had seen us play and we were bad.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

KdjaC wrote:
    a lot of people thought the same about us as they had seen us play and we were bad.

Terrible to watch unquestionably but I don't see how anyone with more than a glancing interest would have expected us to disgrace ourselves at WC90 considering we had already proven ourselves very competitive at Euro 88 and had a record something like W9-D6-L1 in the games between EC88 and WC90 .

If anything we should have been considered dark horses ourselves.

Yes but we had experienced players playing at the top Level, and the majority of the squad was playing top flight football.

I'll stick my neck out and say they'll concede 3 times as much as they score.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Apparently its getting increasingly tough to find their jerseys in the UK because all the Scots are buying them! :D
    'Cos of Jason Scotland of course!
    Ricky Shakes is one of the best names i've ever heard:D
    And despite being English, I'd love them to do well, for Shaka's sake. He's the only Hammers player in Germany :)

Del

Chant time: "We got the Ricky Ricky Shakes"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Check this out lads, I got the site I write for, Campus.ie, to make Trinidad and Tobago their official team for the World Cup.

http://www.campus.ie/user?cmd=item-detail&itemid=23209

Keep spreading the word!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Lemlin wrote:
    Check this out lads, I got the site I write for, Campus.ie, to make Trinidad and Tobago their official team for the World Cup.

Keep spreading the word!
    That's quality - big up for campus.ie!

Lemlin wrote:

Keep spreading the word!

Thats savage!

Word's out that Amstel and fm104 are very kindly hosting a Trinidad & Tobago party on the 15th June for the Trinidad & Tobago -v- England match in The Village. There's never been a better excuse to join in the World Cup spirit (regardless if Ireland's playing or not, Trinidad & Tobago seem to make a just replacement).

Bollox, thats the day I leave the country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Anyone know does anywhere in town stock their jerseys? I'm headin over to Germany and am seriously considering trying to take in Paraguay Vs the Socas rather than the boring/dangerous England Vs Sweden

• Advertisement

Heroes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Heroes!
    second that,just seen the highlights,fair fcuks to them

Advertisement