Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone using sat nav here? Also bluetooth phone kits

Options
  • 17-11-2005 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭

anyone using a sat nav system here lads? which one is best (for dublin city)

some pictures on an install would be great :)

Also any recommend a neat and tidy bluetoof kit :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

I just had the Nokia CK-7W installed

http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=CK-7W

with a Cradle and charger Nokia MBC-15S

http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=MBC15-S

You don't need the cradle and charger but it is handy, especially as the bluetooth eats batteries. With out it all you have visible in teh car is a little 'Nokia' button on the dash for answering calls and volume. The speaker is hidden deep in the passenger footwell.

Quality is great from the single speaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

I use sat nav with my Axim X50 PDA. The general opinion (afaik) is to go for NavTeq maps, they cover ireland reasonably well, and dublin excellently. As for bluetooth, I use a bluetooth headset. It means you need to remember to put it on (and take it off!) but at least it's portable from car to car, and if you're going to be yapping on the phone for ages at home I prefer to use it rather then cradling a phone. Horses for courses though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

does ur pda use GPS? is it not very messy to set up in a car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

You need the PDA and a GPS, I bought a bluetooth one from dell, but a friend of mine has one that goes in the CF Card slot. I got a basic car holder with mine as well as a car charger, so it takes about 2 minutes to set it up when I use it (used it all the time when I started driving and didn't have a notion where I was going, not so much now). You can also get something like this:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5819106982&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:UK:1

The external speakers ensure you can hear it over the radio. My reason for buying it over a GPS installed in the car is that it's portable and can go with me from car to car. I used it going down to Cashel to see the Red bull airace. I told it to take me the backroads (well, N/R roads), and thus avoided *huge* tailbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

I'm using a Parrot CK3000 Evolution Bluetooth Carkit, excellent piece of kit, connects into your radio so no extra speakers...all you see on the dash is a small little button(below) for answering and ending calls and a volume control.
    Parrot_evolution.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i am using ck7w they are great kits. i used the nokia 7210 carkit before and it was crap quality but the ck7w is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

fletch wrote:
    I'm using a Parrot CK3000 Evolution Bluetooth Carkit, excellent piece of kit, connects into your radio so no extra speakers...all you see on the dash is a small little button(below) for answering and ending calls and a volume control.
    Parrot_evolution.jpg

looks the part fletch, is it difficult/expensive to have installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

Cyrus wrote:
    looks the part fletch, is it difficult/expensive to have installed?
    Its a doddle to install....if you don't have an ISO radio, there's a company called siocommunications.co.uk that will have an adaptor...I installed my Dads in about an hour....I installed my own in less than 20mins(was so easy the 2nd time around)...
    I cannot praise this product enough...sound quality is excellent

Advertisement