Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abramovich orders probe into Chelski 'crisis'

• 17-11-2005 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭

I thought this was actually quite funny :D

Chelski owner Roman Abramovich has reportedly ordered a full-scale into the club's 'slump' The Daily Mirror claims that 'Abramovich sent a delegation to the club's Surrey training ground to find out what has gone wrong.

'Wrong', of course, equates to merely holding a six-point lead in the Premiership after suffering the shameful indignity of their first Premiership defeat in over a year. The Russian billionaire's right-hand man, Chelsea director Eugene Tenenbaum, headed up the inquiry as they interviewed EVERY member of staff and the playing squad who were at the training ground,' the Mirror reports.The findings of the probe are unknown, but presumably they may go something along the lines of 'even if you spend £300m your club still might lose the occasional football match.'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The Daily Mirror has been on top form recently, making up stories left, right and centre.

I'd be fairly confident this is another one to add to the pile.

Unless this is actually meant as a joke?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Haha there is no way this can be true. Where do the pepers get their ideas from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Kingp35 wrote:
    Haha there is no way this can be true. Where do the pepers get their ideas from?

They seem to be plucking things from thin air these days. Especially The Mirror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

It has somehow made it onto the BBC Website. I love this quote from Mourinho:
    There is no shame in defeat, on the contrary, it shows that we are the best

I guess that must make Sunderland the best team in the Premiership? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

ah mourinho sure is a character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Whenever I see a quote from him, I can't help but play it through my head using his accent (or the Today FM version :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Does anyone ever notice that he can express really well what would be difficult english for a foreigner and then add in the aul "how you say" before easy expressions, He is brilliant at taking the p**s out of the media, my favourite mourinho moment would have to be when he got up from a press conferance and then tried to leave via the fire exit to discover that he couldnt open the door, legend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Mourinho is clearly and fairly understandably fuming at the story. He's refusing to talk to the media this weekend as a result of the story.

Covered here on bbc.co.uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

See reports today that Roman wants to get rid of the players on high wages and only bit aprt.....Glen Johnson, Robert Huth and Geremi are the ones first to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

it was also in the Sun yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

evad_lhorg wrote:
    it was also in the Sun yesterday.

Damn must be wrong then....if in the Sun then it wrong:D

Well I think Johnson is no surprise....he hit a wall or something and broke his hand when he didnt get his way earlier this season so they where going to transfer him out anyway!! not sure who will buy or can afford him!!

Geremi was bring let go on loan wasnt it last season or this one?? and Boro wanted him but he wouldnt go.....so he was always on the cards....most mid table PL teams will prob move for him...Everton prob being favorite if they have cash available!!

Huth was supposed to go back to Germany in summer but it never happened....either back to germany or Aston Villa have been after him for a long time!! wouldnt think he is on a big contract thou? sure he has been at club for years!!

Advertisement