Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roddy Collins suspended for 1 week.....

• 17-11-2005 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

....by Shamrock Rovers, pending an internal investigation.
    What the hell is this all about? The timing couldn't be worse.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭speriamo

Nunu wrote:
    ....by Shamrock Rovers, pending an internal investigation.
    What the hell is this all about? The timing couldn't be worse.

Read between the lines. His position is untenable due to his actions. As for timing I disagree. It could be the boost the players need in time for next week. Terry Eviston in charge tomorrow night.

Rovers the soap opera:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

i have to say it is bad timing as well surely all this upheavel will unsetlle the players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Perhaps Roddy is deliberately attempting to get the sack in order to get a massive pay-day and keep his "never been relegated" record intact?

How cynical of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Heh i posted this would happen 2 weeks ago somehwere in here, and i know who the new manager for the last game is too :D
    Odd how a memeber of the 400 club told me this at half time when they played us and it came to be truth.

terenure is a nice place :D

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    i know who the new manager for the last game is too

Alan O'Neill?

• Advertisement

Eviston was asked to take ovewr and promply resigned, some LSL managers were approached to take over ONLY for the final game. 400 club must have found a way to sack him and not pay 80k. But must have found this out weeks ago.

If they go with the LSL manager not a bad thing having a manager who know a lot of cheap players, O Neill in charge now but they wanted CYMs manager.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i'll put the word around with my friends and find out the real deal to whats happened, maybe there is a silver lining to this crappy season roddy out!! out out out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

He's a waster and a spoofer who will do anything for money he'd sell his own mother if he got enough money for her,he walked out on Dublin City last year leaving them in the lurch,a despicable act, IMO Collins is a muppet of the highest order.

blu_sonic wrote:
    i'll put the word around with my friends and find out the real deal to whats happened, maybe there is a silver lining to this crappy season roddy out!! out out out!!!

You mean you didnt know this was happeneing? SRFC fans were singing Cheerio Cheerio to him in Richmond :confused:

he walked out on Dublin City last year leaving them in the lurch,a despicable act
    PLay off Rovers vs Dublin City....funny how football justice works :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Terry Eviston has just resigned .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

PLay off Rovers vs Dublin City....funny how football justice works
    :D

kdjac[/QUOTE]

It certainly is i truly hope rovers get relagated,justice will be done :D

KdjaC wrote:
    You mean you didnt know this was happeneing? SRFC fans were singing Cheerio Cheerio to him in Richmond

as far as i was aware we just wanted him out, due to the fact he was absent for many games, his poor tactics, his lack of heart, his contempt for the EL (comments made to nutsey on rte) and many more "in" reasons

Shame it looks like hes heading to Pats with its new owner :(
    With him gone he keeps his never been relegated tag as he has fcuked off the day before.

Now we get him, Oul Bernie better get the finger out and 1)takes milesons money 2)dont let Collins near the club.

kdjac

i heard he is part of a consortium that want to buy pats, or some other club that i can't remember, i was shocked because i doubt you lot would want him messing you up, roddy collins and his walk of destruction:
    Drops carlise
    Kills the Dubs
    Hurts rovers as much as leaving miltown
    next on the shoddy show
    the demise of pats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

Maybe somebody would break the news to those idiots at RTE sport...

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2005/1119/dublincity.html

moshpit77 wrote:
    Maybe somebody would break the news to those idiots at RTE sport...

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2005/1119/dublincity.html

He was only suspended for a week so he will be back for the playoff games (in theory at least).

no he's out for them games too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭air_vent

Bye Bye roddy ,Bye Bye

Finally!

word round the camp fire, be prepared for the FRIDAY NIGHT, in tolka park its "RODDIES REVENGE - part2, the return of shoddy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Roddy Collins is like a disease, every club hes managed bar Boh's have gone backwards. Slightly ironic after last nights game that Dublin City have the upper hand after he scarpered from them in the lowest way last year. How anyone can appoint this chap as a manager, i'll never know and if he does take over as manager of Pat's then ye'd fear for the future of the inchicore club. By the way i support neither Rovers or City, but one things for sure Collins is a disgrace to the league.

• Advertisement

kind of anunfortunate user name in a thread about shoddy, lol. he's out for tolka too yay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

He's never been relegated, ya know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

How are rovers going to afford to sack him ?

One more suspension with a written warning and he can be fired without compensation.

He's never been relegated, ya know.

ye cos he jumps ship before they do eventually go down.Thats what cowards do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

Can I just point out about Roddy's record..If Rovers hadnt been docuted 8 points then they would have finished 8th. I feel a bit sorry for Collins, even though he sold CHF down the river, He was completely lied to about the state of good aul Scumrock.

I also think in all fairness to this 400 Club Shamrock Rovers dont have prayer of surviving, even if they stay up. And this idea of a LSL manager is rubbish, unless they want to play in the LSL. Pete Mahon was the best LSL manager, but he hasnt done that well. Bohs where a disater under him.

Roddy23 wrote:
    ye cos he jumps ship before they do eventually go down.Thats what cowards do.
    Sarcasm, my good man. :)

Damien Richardson was managing in the LSL not 18 months ago. :v: Or so the mythical stories go. Rovers will be back, thats one certainty no matter what the result today, but that won't stop me crying with laughter if they go down before my very eyes! ;)

Sarcasm, my good man.

Well played ye got me there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭speriamo

DaveH wrote:
    Can I just point out about Roddy's record..If Rovers hadnt been docuted 8 points then they would have finished 8th. I feel a bit sorry for Collins, even though he sold CHF down the river, He was completely lied to about the state of good aul Scumrock.

I also think in all fairness to this 400 Club Shamrock Rovers dont have prayer of surviving, even if they stay up. And this idea of a LSL manager is rubbish, unless they want to play in the LSL. Pete Mahon was the best LSL manager, but he hasnt done that well. Bohs where a disater under him.

Drivel. He was never lied to by the current regime. On the field we are in dire straights yes. But off the field the club has never been in better shape. Not only will we survive we will thrive. Your lack of knowledge about Pete Mahon sums you up:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement