Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new timer for heating

Options
  • 17-11-2005 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I need to change the timer on my boiler. It stays on constantly and won’t turn off at all. I am just wondering if I buy a new timer are they easy and safe to install or will I have to get someone out to do it for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

I can depend on the timer. Is it a digital timer or an older clock type one.
    The newer ones are all supposed to plug into the one style wiring plate so that you just
    a) turn off the power to the timers and boiler at the switch or preferrably the fusebox.
    b) unscrew the timer and take it out
    c) put back in a new one onto the same wiring plate.

Maybe you can just replace the timer with the same version or manufacturer

I replaced an old clock type one with a new digital one last year. It was a little more awkward as I had to replace the back plate but it just meant I had to work out which wire went where.. 10 minutes work

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭judesherry

its an old style timer. i'd say i'll just put in a nother old style in instead of the digital ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

judesherry wrote:
    its an old style timer. i'd say i'll just put in a nother old style in instead of the digital ones.
    As Beldin says, if you can get the same type, it is an easy job to do. But, if you can't get the same type, you might as well put in a digital one, seeing that you have to rewire it anyway.
    Jim.

Advertisement