Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iAudio X5 60GB

• 17-11-2005 12:29pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

Available from tomorrow in Peats. 459 euro.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭John mac

Available now http://www.mx2.co.uk/default.asp?part=IAX560
    for 407 Delivered:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

nice price. Shame they dont throw in the cradle and remote display though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

So anyone got any first hand experience with these players or even know anything about them?
    Theyre quite expensive so they must be good :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

So is MX2 still the best place to get this? My friend was about to get a 60GB iPod photo until I showed her the light;) but can you watch TV on the iPod photo and not the X5??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

cheaper on ebay, if you are a gambler

• Advertisement

look at my sig;) but this is for my friend so I think mx would be a safer bet:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

as regard tv/movies, i think the screen is so small that if its a priority then I would buy the iaudio A2 or something.
    I'm looking to buy the 60GB x5 model myself for Christmas. I think the minumum package to get is the x5, remote and case, that comes to €464 on mx2 site!! I'm wondering if I should take a gamble and buy from the US, the price difference is so big, is it dodgy buying something like this from ebay?

btw it seems to be out of stock on mx2 now.

turns out the live tv came from it saying you can download tv tunes from iTunes, so nope, iPod photo doesn't have LIVE TV. I don't think there is any real need for the cradle. 60GB plus remote= €445 from mx2.co.uk, how much cheaper can it be found in the states? Have you taken into account the possibility of tax (21% on say $350 is about $70) and then there is delivery which is about $30 say. so that's $450 which is about €380 and that's about as good as price you will get without the remote. I mean I see it on ebay for $385 before shipping, no remote. So then the remote will be another €40 or so so you're really only saving about €25 by getting it from the US. If you have found it from a source for about $350 with remote and who will mark a package as gift and ship for about $30 then that's say €320 altogether. That would probably be worth getting it from the US alright but I'd say you'll be hard pressed (is that the saying?) to find it at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 conorb56

So anyone got any first hand experience with these players or even know anything about them?
    Theyre quite expensive so they must be good :rolleyes:

Bought one last month and have to say very happy with it.

One thing I really like is the direct MP3 encoding line in, which means you can attach anything and record to digital, like radio streams, etc

You can also load textfiles onto it, which surprisingly is quite good.

Video is ok but not what I got it for, sound is very good.

That said I never had any other mp3 player so I can't really compare.

cormie wrote:
    60GB plus remote= €445 from mx2.co.uk, how much cheaper can it be found in the states? Have you taken into account the possibility of tax (21% on say $350 is about $70) and then there is delivery which is about $30 say. so that's $450 which is about €380 and that's about as good as price you will get without the remote. I mean I see it on ebay for $385 before shipping, no remote. So then the remote will be another €40 or so so you're really only saving about €25 by getting it from the US. If you have found it from a source for about $350 with remote and who will mark a package as gift and ship for about $30 then that's say €320 altogether. That would probably be worth getting it from the US alright but I'd say you'll be hard pressed (is that the saying?) to find it at that price.

well i'm assuming i don't get caught for vat and excise(christmas post too should help), if it was caught for that it would be pointless buying in the states. Cheapest it seems to be on ebay is $385 alright but i think you can get $25 off that so $365 say, i'm trying to find out how much delivery would be and if they will mark it as a gift/repaired item. Assuming $30 for delivery that would be $395 plus remote maybe $435 which is €368 so a saving of 75 euro only so. Yeah its not a massive amount of money I suppose maybe I would be better off with mx2! must have a think about it, what about a case too, surely thats a must?

• Advertisement

well with something so expensive I wouldn't really risk it for the tax issue, it could end up only saving you a few quid. 60G+remote on mx2 is about EUR445, I emailed them asking if my friend got them both, could they throw in a case for free too;) no reply yet but let's see what happens.

cormie wrote:
    60G+remote on mx2 is about EUR445, I emailed them asking if my friend got them both, could they throw in a case for free too;) no reply yet but let's see what happens.

Oh great let me know what happens, i'd definitely go with mx2 if they did there was an offer like that on the cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I've an Archos AV400 and can't say enough good things about it. Check these beasts out.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=311132&cks=PRL - AV700 (40gig) - €485

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=314673&cks=PRL - AV500 (100gig) - €689

I'm thinking now of maybe just buying the player and case and sacrifice the remote to save a few quid, what do think. You'd think at that price they'd include a remote in the box!

well I've barely used my remote since I bought my iRiver H140 nearly 2 years ago so it really depends on how much you use it and I wasn't just using it for the sake of it, I'd use it while cycling, which isn't a good sign that I've rarely used it:o for walking around town or whatever I'd never bother with it though. I'm still waiting on an email back from MX2 to see if they would give my friend a good offer. They are awaiting stock of the X5 at the mo and they are not sure when they will get them in and if they will have them in time for Christmas delivery or not.

I actually emailed them last night and got a reply today saying "Sorry we do not offer extras."! I guessed that would be the case alright considering they are already the cheapest. So the question is case or remote and it looks it'll be the case.

What email address did you use to email them? Could you pm it to me or post it here please? I want to ask them if they reckon they would be able to deliver it before christmas and also try my luck at getting one cheaper, I might even mention you and tell them we'll both put in an order if we can get a case included if we buy the 60gb and the remote. I hate buying things at the advertised price:D

I used the form on the site http://www.mx2.co.uk/publish.asp?what=contactus&page=1. The text box looks very small but you can type away into it. Did you use that?
    Yeah sure you can mention me, see can we get a deal!

yeah I used that, I wonder why they didn't reply to me:confused: PM me your email address and I'll you and refer to that addy:)

cormie wrote:
    PM me your email address and I'll you and refer to that addy:)

"I'll you" - you'll need to fill in the missing words before i'll give you my email! :)

• Advertisement

hehe, mention was supposed to go in there;) I'll pop them a mail see what the craic is.

mx2 say they hope to have them instock by December 9th

damn, no special discount or freebies:( Yeah, they said ther 9th to me too:) have you seen the silicone case for it? Looks pretty good and if it's anything like my iSkin for my H140, then it's well worth it I think. www.zcover.com and I think there for sale on ebay too:) can't find them at the mo though!

i haven't seen them, whats the advantage? I would have thought the feel of leather might be better than a rubbery feel (that doesn't sound good but you know what i mean!) Are you going to buy a remote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

comet wrote:
    i haven't seen them, whats the advantage? I would have thought the feel of leather might be better than a rubbery feel (that doesn't sound good but you know what i mean!) Are you going to buy a remote?
    I'd say the rubber skin wouldn't add as much bulk as a leather case.

I'd say the rubber skin wouldn't add as much bulk as a leather case.

yeah that's the thing, the silicone is a perfect fit with no excess and will give better protection against spills and probably just as good protection against bumps.

It's not actually me buying it so I'm not gettinga remote;)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Off topic but the A2 is now in Peats if anyone wants to go play with one :D

Just bought an X5 :D:D:D:D
    But it's not for me :(:(:(:(

My cousin was gonna get an iPod video and I persuaded her to go for one of these instead. Not like she had much choice anyway, her PC is win 98 which AFAIK doesn't support iTunes.

Anyway, gonna have plenty of fun playing with it before I hand it over :)

First impressions vs. my H320.

It's a fair bit slimmer, +
    Screen isn't as good, -
    Navigation is better but still not fantastic, +
    Needing the extra attachment for all the connections could prove a bit inconvenient, -
    It's got OTF playlists (my biggest gripe with the H320), ++
    Didnt come with a case -

Overall very impressive, but still a little room for improvement.

• Advertisement

Are you using the leather case muckwarrior?
    zcover looks nice alright, expensive enough though, the belt clip is detachable too which is good since its not something i would use. Strange how there is no UK online shop selling iaudio zcover yet, they have ipod ones. Maybe I'll buy the x5 without a case and go for a zcover later but by the time i get round to doing that i will probably have it all scratched :confused:

Advertisement