Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Debs Ball

• 17-11-2005 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Where are the best websites/shops to find all you need for the debs. I am looking for tuxedo hire but my sis is looking for dressses, stylists, accessories etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

You're going to the debs with your sister?
    I think a dress is the least of your problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sangre wrote:
    You're going to the debs with your sister?
    I think a dress is the least of your problems?

Lol :D

EDIT: It appears it has been moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭yellow

ha yes im going with my sister.... No she is in same year as me but different school and different debs.... you are very witty doh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Dont think your going to find tuxes, girls debs dresses, stylist, and accessories in the same shop :confused: , this aint america.
    Also you dont really want to hire a tux over the net without trying it on first, same goes for your sisters dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Theres a dumpster in the alley way that never disappoints...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

I got my debs dress on the internet!... It was stunning and didn't cost half of what they cost over here!... and nobody had the same dress as me!!!:D

the site was www.loralie.com ..... the dress came pretty fast aswell!;)

Also you dont really want to hire a tux over the net without trying it on first, same goes for your sisters dress.

Yea.... don't get a tux over the internet!!... just go into a shop and rent one!!.... If you want to be original... just go to a dressmaker and get a waistcoat and dickey bow made!!

You could always go all cool and swankey and invest in a more expensive suit... like hugo boss or Hilfiger!... get a really nice tie then... you would stand out from the crowd anyway because all the other guys will be wearing those cheapo blacktie waist coats!..

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

If you want to be original... just go to a dressmaker and get a waistcoat and dickey bow made!!

You could always go all cool and swankey and invest in a more expensive suit... like hugo boss or Hilfiger!... get a really nice tie then... you would stand out from the crowd anyway because all the other guys will be wearing those cheapo blacktie waist coats!..
    If you wanna be original don't bother with the whole tux thing, cos no matter how unique you think it looks its pretty hard to stand out in a sea of black tuxs. Your best bet for originality is either a kilt (like me) or going into your debs dressed like my friend here (yes he did have a date)
    cavo.jpg

Macka wrote:
    If you wanna be original don't bother with the whole tux thing, cos no matter how unique you think it looks its pretty hard to stand out in a sea of black tuxs. Your best bet for originality is either a kilt (like me) or going into your debs dressed like my friend here (yes he did have a date)
    cavo.jpg

Oh my god.... what was he up to???? :D hahaha.... thats hillarious!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

TK Maxx for Debs dresses

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I'd say the best thing is to get the debs dress made because noone will have it and most importantly it will fit you properly! It always looks terrible in photos when the dress doesn't fit. It looks awful when a girl is wearing a dress with a fitted bodice and the bodice is 3 sizes too big, and girls who wear dresses with the back digging into them because it's too small. Also it's not that expensive so you can have a really lovely dress that doesn't cost loads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Try on ebay. You can get most of what you are looking for there. I've gotten some really great stuff on there. Quite a lot of it is new if you don't want to buy second-hand. I recently bought a dress for €76 which was from Monsoon but wasn't even in the shops yet. I later saw it in a store for €290.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SKerins

I got my debs dress on the internet!... It was stunning and didn't cost half of what they cost over here!... and nobody had the same dress as me!!!:D

the site was www.loralie.com ..... the dress came pretty fast aswell!;)
    when i went on to that website i couldnt find any dresses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

SKerins wrote: »
    when i went on to that website i couldnt find any dresses?

That post was made 7 years ago. Websites often move on/close down.

Advertisement