Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac Mini & Photoshop CS2

• 17-11-2005 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to upgrade to the above from Photoshop 6. Photoshop 6 runs in classic mode, which is a pain, and I'm wondering what kind of performance gains I'm likely to see running CS2. The Mini has a Gig of RAM.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

It will fly on just about any Mac. 1 Gig of RAM is pretty good for all things Photoshop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Thanks.
    I'm really looking to see if anyone has actually run it on a Mini and can give me their impression of it's general performance. Pshop 6 was fine when I had it running on a G4, Pshop 4 was fine when I was running it on a G3...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭edunon

I'm using it on a Powerbook 12" 1.25 Ghz, with external monitor. It's not as smooth as like it to be, but does the job. Before you buy it, i'd recommend you to download a 30 days demo from adobe.com and then decide.

Before you buy it, i'd recommend you to download a 30 days demo from adobe.com and then decide.

Good idea, should have thought of that... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The 30 day demo worked just fine on my iBook G4 with 1.2GHz processor and 512MB RAM, so it should be ok on your Mini.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I'm checking it out right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

i have that config, mini with a gig, and cs2 works great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Let us know how you get on.

Well, CS2 is now installed on the Mini, I got the downloadable upgrade from the Adobe site. It works fine so far. I guess not having to start in classic mode helps.

I've done some quick benchmarking against my PC (2.4Ghz P4, 1Gig RAM), Pshop 6 using a 7000*5000 pixel photo and ran a 10 pixel gaussian blur and 180 degree rotation on it. The blur was a little faster on the PC, the rotation was considerably faster on the Mac (??).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Macs don't like to blur the issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement