Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does yours want for Christmas

Options
  • 17-11-2005 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

So what seems to be the big christmas gift this year I must say we are getting off lightly 2 boys 8 and 4 and all they want is lego and a couple of the Bruder Construction Toys all comming in cheaper than one of the requests of last year
    We dont buy toys for the kids outside BDays and Christmas but they really do have everything that space can allow for. The fact that the elder one looks after his stuff means bikes tractors etc are all fine for the younger and you cannot justify getting new ones. This year they seemed to have a major job deciding on something. Christmas is certinaly changed from 20 years ago

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

i have a 5 year old son, the wwe wrestling craze has taken over him .
    All he wants is wrestling figures and the wrestling rin
    tried all the toy shops for the wrestlers , the high demand figures cannot be got anywhere,
    went to e-bay , bought the ones he wanted, paid about 20 euro in total extra but at least i have them
    just waiting on the unreliable an post to deliver them to my house
    he said he doesnt want anything else except the new bosco dvd ..which i have to locate fairly soon
    Getting the xmas shopping over and done with a.s.a.p this year instead of frantically running round toy stores on xmas eve

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

andrew1977 wrote:
    he said he doesnt want anything else except the new bosco dvd ..which i have to locate fairly soon
    Getting the xmas shopping over and done with a.s.a.p this year instead of frantically running round toy stores on xmas eve

20e from the RTE Shop - http://www.buy4now.ie/rte/productdetail.aspx?pid=1046&loc=P&catid=7.5
    Shipping should set you back about 1-2e

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I have a 2 and a 1/2 yr old who will be foraying into the world of Playdough this Christmas. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

andrew1977 wrote:
    i have a 5 year old son, the wwe wrestling craze has taken over him .
    All he wants is wrestling figures and the wrestling rin
    tried all the toy shops for the wrestlers , the high demand figures cannot be got anywhere,
    went to e-bay , bought the ones he wanted, paid about 20 euro in total extra but at least i have them
    just waiting on the unreliable an post to deliver them to my house
    My mum dont a bril idea last year, i had the same problem with bratz dolls, most of these toy shops will get new supplys just after christmas, so my mum made up this letter from santa explaining it was too hard for him to choose wat doll was the best choice , so he is given her a ticket to go in and buy watever one she wants most , but only at a certain date, and for me it worked wonders, i felt terrible i couldnt get the 2 dolls she wanted most so this was a good way out , my little one told smiths toys that she could only give in her santa ticket on this certain day and il be honest she appreciates it alot more now, just an idea migh help u out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭lisa.c

he's only 4 but wants every thing
    finally settled for a bit of every thing like fantastic four thingy
    willy wonka thingy a robots thingy hot a hot wheels thingy. got him a few more surprise bits though!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

moon shoes seem to be getting popular only place ive seen em is in argos... for €30! thats what im getting my two sisters

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mickh

andrew1977 wrote:

Seen this in my local Xtravision for €18 a bit cheaper than buying it from RTE.

Worth a trip to your local.

Mickh;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

1 year old.. would be happy playing with an empty box tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

My 4 year old wants Cinderella's castle.

That's grand, but it doesn't come with dolls, and normal Barbie sized dolls are as tall as the castle so that would look a bit crap!found that Argos are selling it with a Cinderella doll, so I bought it there, only the doll it comes with is a Barbie sized doll. I had to go and buy a Prince Charming doll to go with it, but it's not going to be great due to the size difference!

I'm afraid she'll be disappointed with it, but don't know what else to do.
    What a load of rubbish that toy companies sell things that don't fit the standard and then don't supply the accesories to fit!

Advertisement