Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty Willie

• 17-11-2005 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭

Go Ahead Punk! Make my day!

He doesn't scare me.Must be the moustache.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

or kiss kiss or bang bang

I think I'd prefer to be shot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

is this out of order and inconsiderate for a minister to be photographed pointing a gun like that after the recent spate of gangland shootings in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dfitzer

ratboy wrote:
    is this out of order and inconsiderate for a minister to be photographed pointing a gun like that after the recent spate of gangland shootings in Dublin.

He is the Minister for Defence for christs sake. He held a gun so what, thats what the Defence Forces he is responsible for do for a living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Willie O'Dea for not spoting a photo-op best avoided or the fusspots in the Dail (Joe Higgins apart, he caught the moment well). Pat Rabbitte was particularly culpable if he were any more windy and pompus he'd have blown himself out onto the street. As for Trevor Seargent...tsk. Still at least no Shinner stood up to pontificate!

Why cant politicans see when they are being used by the media, I thought they all went through the Bunny Carr school of communications these days. I'd want my money back.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Get over it he is the m.o.defence after all, it looked like we got some
    nice shooters there as for Pat Rabbitte ha mr IRA himself say no more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

ricey wrote:
    Get over it he is the m.o.defence after all, it looked like we got some
    nice shooters there as for Pat Rabbitte ha mr IRA himself say no more.

That sentence is illogical on so many levels, its almost difficult to comprehend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Dfitzer wrote:
    He is the Minister for Defence for christs sake. He held a gun so what, thats what the Defence Forces he is responsible for do for a living.

What about common sense and safe practices? A soldier would never point a gun at another person irrespective of whether it was loaded or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dfitzer

He is not a soldier, therefore not trained in weapons and caught on the hop so he pointed at the camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I was just looking at the set of photos in yesterday's Irish Times of Private Willie O'Dea at the front line. If ever there was a man who could do with a PR advisor here he is. Instead of the minister posing with a member of the defence forces showing him the latest weapons technology, there's Willie brandishing guns like a man gone postal. This is typical of the calibre of front line ministers who call Turkish workers 'kebabs', take a hit on certain projects and then point guns at the media. I also noticed on the RTE TV report that one of the Rangers personnel appeared to be wearing a balaclava. In fact he looked like one of the guys in the PIRA videos. I know the rangers need their identities protected but surely an unmasked member would have been available to speak. This was not just a bad PR exercise for the army and the minister, it was plain stupid.

Advertisement