Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurogamer King Kong review.... unexpected

Options
  • 17-11-2005 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

Eurogamer are usually pretty stingy with their scores but this is odd. they have reviewed King kong and they gave it 9/10. check it out for yourself.

this could be one of the few good movie -game tie ins.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61698

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I expected as much with the same team that made Beyond Good and Evil making it. It's another one to add to my must have list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I've noticed EG actually getting a less stingy on their reviews. Turning into PcZone with their suspiciously high scores...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

From the demo it seemed more like a 7 or maybe an 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea but lets face it that was a ps2 demo .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

evad_lhorg wrote:
    yea but lets face it that was a ps2 demo .

PC demo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Demo was fairly good, its on my to get list.

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Can't wait for this game. Going down tomorrow to pick up my copy. Demo was excellent, and from what I hear that was tame compared to the rest of it.
    Michel Ancel for President!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

That is unexpected, but games that are based on licenses and are actually credible is always a good thing.

Didn't Peter Jackson have some involvement with this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I think I read on gamecentral a while back that he personally requested that Michel Ancel and his team make it after he played beyond good and evil. I don't know about any actual involvement in the creation of the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

That is unexpected, but games that are based on licenses and are actually credible is always a good thing.

Didn't Peter Jackson have some involvement with this game?

yep he had a fair bit of power when in came to development i think and he also chose that the game be made by Ubisofft as he didnt like EA and what they had done with the lotr

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Playing it at the moment. Excellent stuff, really does redefine what we should expect from licenced games. It's great using the surroundings to your advantage in a fight... Lousy velociraptors...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks v good, played the xbox360 demo and was impressed, a bit concerned about longevity of the main story though, not a high score/secrets junkie so replay value not of interest, was considering it for a launch purchase but after reading the review may hold off for a while.
    It does look amazing though, really nice.

As for Ancel being a god, yes, played and finished Beyond Good And Evil, but lets not forget he also inflicted Rayman upon the world, just keep it in mind.

Advertisement