Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mylo, Jon Carter, Erol Alkan (in that order)

• 17-11-2005 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Mash up birthday December 2nd TBMC

Jon Carter December 9th TBMC

Mylo (DJ Set) December 30th TBMC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Alkan and Carter grand. But wouldnt touch Mylo with a barge pole. Definitely not if its a DJ set!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

He's actually ment to have really improved, a mate seen him in london a week or two ago and said he was very good now. its not as if doesnt have access to some of the best tunes months before they are released, all he had to do was learn how to mix!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alvis

Mylo can mix now?!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so going...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

DOH id love to see Mylo again but i wont be in Ireland then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I have Mylo's Essential Mix and alot of the mixing on it is sketchy as best. 8 bar mixes more often than not and quite a few clashes.

In fairness he's only been DJing for about a year and a half so he'll get better. The only reason he's getting dj gigs is because of Destroy Rock n Roll, just goes to show that the only way anyone can become a serious big-hitter in the DJ world is produce, although we know that already I guess!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

the cover cd for mixmag he did had plenty of quality stuff on it and his essential mix had a lot of stuff you couldn't have heard elsewhere, i can't fault his taste, so being optimistic i'd expect to hear top drawer new tunes.
    what's an 8 bar mix? clashes as in key clashes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭skkatter

what's an 8 bar mix? clashes as in key clashes?
    An eight bar mix is a fancy DJ term for "he wasn't letting two tracks play at the same time for very long".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I wasn't specifically referring to key clashes as such, as a whole set mixed in the same key would sound a bit flat in my opinion. It's a good way to find out what tunes will definitely work well together or not though. I meant just sound clashes, ie two instruments not working together at the same time or a bass clash from two tunes.

Advertisement