Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions on servage

Options
  • 17-11-2005 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

www.servage.net Is the whole operation as dodgy as it appears? There seems to be wildly varying opinions on them from very good/best host ever to avoid like the plague.

Anyone here use them or ever have dealings with them? I'm getting better pings to their servers than I am my own at the moment :( Is 15GB of space and 330GB transfer per month really too good to be true? Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

It does seem a little too good to be true.
    And you have to ask yourself, do you really need 15GB of space and 330GB of transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I need MORE webspace, MORE transfer.. enough is never enough..

Been looking at www.dreamhost.com too, they seem a shade more credible..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Never heard of Servage, which isn't good. Dreamhost aren't bad. I'd also recommend Pair and FutureQuest. (I use all three for clients that require SEO separation.)

adam

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

yeah... dodgy at best. Might give dreamhost a try.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

ive no idea about them man, but if yer looking for space and high bandwidth ye cant go far wrong with www.globat.com 10GB of space with 3.6 terabytes of bandwidth

unlimited sql and emails and a free SSL cert as well all for around $6.95 a month, their servers are in the US but I've 6 different sites hosted with them and the speed is negligible (check www.v2-visuals.com for example)

i'd highly recommend them to anyone because their after sale support is better than any irish hosting company i've come accross and i'll be swapping the other 7 odd sites over to globat as well when the hosting is up.

they also have a good offer and thats have 3 new customers referred by you to globat and you get free hosting for a year (which is nice cos web designers can cut out the cost of having to host their own sites and have plenty of space to play about with stuff too)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Dreamhost are really good from what I have read. Also, you can get $50 off your order if you use the coupon code: sagoon. It can make for pretty cheap hosting.

Advertisement