Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long more till SOUTH closes

Options
  • 17-11-2005 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Even though for teens south is a great disco there are rumours of it shutting down!!Are they true

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

These rumours have been going on for the last 4 years.I would not bank on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

is it not closed already?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Initially South was meant to the epic-centre of all things entertainment in the South East and for a while it was having a good share of concerts and events. Now however, the only event is a teen disco once a month. With this in mind I cannot see how it can be financially viable to continue to run such a place without cutting corners here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

My grandmother heard stories of in there, and told my cousin to "stay out of there if its like that". Needless to say, he pisses himself laughing everytime its mentioned now, and hasn't been there since.
    Shut it down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

what a waste of space that place is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Yep. Sure, its there, but its closed...just put other crap in there.
    And love the sig!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

As far as I know, South started of to offer both entertainment for Adults & Teens (Music Wise) but soon was forced to shut down due to the amount of under-agers drinking alchol in there. It was said that during the teen disco, people were able to serve themselves beer from the tap.

Because of that, they lost there licence to sell Alcohol and are slowly winding down on how many Teen Discos they have. I think its just the Cidona Road Show who run the teen discos.

In general, when South is on, the area around it gets full to the brim of trouble makers, girls in short skirts, fellas in the checker T-Shirts (even if its ice cold out), both male and females beating each other up, falling around the place drunk, etc. So its a real eye-sore to Tourists. People get accepted into south drunk, but soon get the boot after they get involved in fights etc. so it all spills out into the streets of Tramore.

Those rumours are out a long time now, and nothing has ever came of them. Apparently the actual "company" south are no longer involved and its just the building owner running it.. He sold up a lot of his premises in Tramore, but not even attempted to sell South.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

Lenno wrote:
    Even though for teens south is a great disco there are rumours of it shutting down!!Are they true
    .... been closed for a while now aint it?:v: :v:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

South is STILL running. Just for Teen Discos. Nothing else. I think people avoide trying to rent it out for things such as Grads as its just to expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

they should knock that eye sore down in my opinion, nothing ever went right when that thing was built remember celt world how long did that last (2 summers me thinks) the present owners lost alot of money developing that place over 3 years ago. even though there was some good gigs there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,608 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Paul weller should buy the place, he's always in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

Twice if i recall rightly

Advertisement