Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear Lexus Lights

Options
  • 17-11-2005 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Has anyone gone for an NCT with rear lexus lights that happen to have RED American Style indicators and passed/failed!!

Just wondering as I am nearly due for mine and not sure if they will accept them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

they wont, you'll fail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

ando wrote:
    they wont, you'll fail

Second this....Irish rules require an amber indicator at the rear....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Borrow a set of normal ones from someone for the day of the test or you will fail. Need orange flashers front and rear. I had a big row with NCT man when I brought in a car with all LED bulbs but got it though eventually.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

As said above, indicators need to be orange/amber/whatever...

People have failed over their indicators 'not being amber enough'
    If they are normal filiment bulbs, splash out on the 1euro-each bulbs for the NCT.. then put your aftermarket ones back in after

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

When I put my lexus lights in, I changed the bulbs to orange as well. however the outer glass is not orange. Does this matter? or is it just the actual flashing bulb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

The Lexus RX has clear lenses with amber bulbs so you should be OK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Dagon wrote:
    When I put my lexus lights in, I changed the bulbs to orange as well

did you paint the bulbs or did you get something like Philips silvervision bulbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

all indicators must be amber and the rear lights must also include a red reflector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

sorry wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

ando wrote:
    did you paint the bulbs or did you get something like Philips silvervision bulbs?

Sorry mate, don't know what kind they are, got the mechanic to sort that out for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

You can get orange bulbs from any motor factor for a whopping 1 euro each, or alternatively get the Philips Silvatech bulbs for about 15euro a pair

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭fletch

Must side repeaters be amber? And is the rule that they must be amber only applicable when flashing? I have clear lens side repeaters but with an orange bulb in them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

AFAIK clear lens are fine........plenty of cars with them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

the light emitted must be amber. the lens colour is of no consequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭fletch

Grand thanks for that (only thought about that after I posted ) :D

Advertisement