Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio jukebox?

• 17-11-2005 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi, I have a large mp3 collection which I have no doubt will get larger over time. What I'm looking for is a hi-fi seperate that is a HD that I would be able to play mp3's and anything else would be a bonus.

I've tried searching around for info, but obviously when "mp3" is searched for in google, all hell breaks loose!

Anyway, I'm looking for any information about them, what is the biggest Hard Drive in them. Does a DVD recorder witha built in HD have the same capabilites? Can you just transfer files directly onto it or do you have to rip it from a cd onto the HD?

I'm full of questions, but I just don't know where to get info about them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

spahndirge wrote:
    Hi, I have a large mp3 collection which I have no doubt will get larger over time. What I'm looking for is a hi-fi seperate that is a HD that I would be able to play mp3's and anything else would be a bonus.

I've tried searching around for info, but obviously when "mp3" is searched for in google, all hell breaks loose!

Anyway, I'm looking for any information about them, what is the biggest Hard Drive in them. Does a DVD recorder witha built in HD have the same capabilites? Can you just transfer files directly onto it or do you have to rip it from a cd onto the HD?

I'm full of questions, but I just don't know where to get info about them.

Hi,

Im wondering if you are talking about something like this?

Alternatively you could also use a computer or an ipod (or equiv) and just plug the headphones out to one of the spare inputs on your amp. I use an old laptop with a wireless card in it.... itunes, shared music library... etc etc.

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭spahndirge

sorry for the long delay, no net access for a while.

Anyway, yes, that is something that I would be looking for. However, that is far too expensive and has too many functions for me. I have a few mp3 players, but I have a large collection of music [100+ GB] and will be adding to it over time. So that cancels out the whole mp3 player thing.

I'm looking for something similar to the cambridge audio jukebox, but something I can just hook up to my pc and act like an external HD and a hifi seperate when plugged in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

not quite what you are looking for, but:

www.slimdevices.com

You could pickup one of the older "squeezeboxes" cheap

I did see some portable HD's with TV out\sound out at CeBit, not sure if they are in production yet. I think so though.

Advertisement