Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long b4 I can paint a freshly skimmed wall

Options
  • 17-11-2005 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Will be getting the sitting room freshly skimmed next week.

How long do i have to wait before i can start painting?

The skim is going straight onto plasterboard.

Cheers
    Wavey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

I'd normally suggest two weeks to ensure its fully dried, but if its a sitting room with Centra heating then a week should do it. Remember to applied some type of sealer such as PVA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Ye mean paint a wall yourself ? :eek: in your own home like ? no pay involved ? :confused:

That Martin fella has no respect for de average wurkin man :mad:

Don't mind him Wavey at least mid February maybe March ? ;) actually a great job for a "Good Friday"

Give the plaster loadsa time to "Oxidise" tell the missus an expert on Boards told how important that process is or the paint could peel :)

Of couse for the sake of world peace and a harmonious home I'd agree with Martin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Cheers lads,

Its a sitting room so week should do it.

Wavey

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Ahem,,,Dare I say it...

As soon as the walls go all whitey.You will actually notice the walls drying out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Ahem,,, Yourself mad m,

We got him a reprieve for a week didn't we ? ;)

Just because you with your "Bridled" brushes and fancy paint pots can have the whole house done (two coats ;)) while we mere mortals are still figuring out how to get the lid of the new plastic paint containers doesn't mean we should all be so eager to get stuck in :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭kiss103

why not just mix the paint with the plaster and you'll save all that wasted time by doing both tricks at once !!!!
    , or even persuade the wife that the latest trendy colour is plaster grey or pink !!!

Advertisement