Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asherons Call

• 17-11-2005 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭

Anyone playing this?
    Got back into it recently after a 2 year absence - having a blast on Solclaim.. it's much improved since I left.. and my old vassal is now a Monarch, which is handy..

Also, anyone who has an old account - there's a deadline coming up after which I think they won't be available anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i had a fairly high level sword mage, but im playing cov so i doubt ill go back to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Darktide ganking WTF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Exar Khun wrote:
    Darktide ganking WTF.

Don't knock it until you have tried it. I played on Darktide for a while. It is one of the best servers. Heres some tips if you plan to play long term.

1. Know the game before you play darktide. Main thing to remember is where lifestones are. You can get ACMap which will help in this regard. Learn hunting grounds, quests.

2. Soon as you enter, ignore the tutorial and just run like crazy for the nearest wilderness. Soushi is the worst place to start off in. I found the desert areas were the least populated. All the assholes basically spawn camp and kill any newbies that enter. Most of these are non-PvP players. Also avoid any common dungeons people use to level. These are generally owned by guilds and will kill anyone who shouldn't be there.

3. Find people you can trust to level with. There are loads of them. DO NOT join any major guild until your over level 20. You will make youself a target.

4. People under level 20 outside of the newbie towns are considered as *fog*. You may be ignored totally (even in conversation). Act like fog if you want to live long.

5. Before entering a town try to find someone in the town and talk to them to see if you will be allowed enter. Failing that make a beeline for the nearest lifestone and hope for the best. Although any town you are not welcome in you will be killed at the first chance.

6. Once over level 20 get into a major guild. They will set you up with weapons, etc. You will become a target at this stage. Each guild have different traits and reputations. Make sure you research the guild before you join.

7. Dying isn't the end of the world. People get hung up on dying.

8. Don't do stupid things. For example if someone kills you and then hunts you to the Lifestone then get running. If they kill you again then lifestone and run in another direction to loose them. Play to some peoples egos as well, PK guilds tend to allow lower players to live who show respect.

9. Don't say "Peace". This normally means "Please kill me as I think PvP sucks".

10. Darktide can be extremly unforgiving at times. But builds very tight communities. It is not a server for people new to the game or who prefer to play solo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

I loved Darktide first mmorpg to introduce Pvp to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i wonder if the borg are still running :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement