Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglar Alarm

Options
  • 17-11-2005 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I am looking for burglar alarm system. Any suggestion? I want it to be reliable (no false alarms) and not pricy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Zub wrote:
    I am looking for burglar alarm system. Any suggestion? I want it to be reliable (no false alarms) and not pricy.
    I can recommend the Aritech CS350. TO'Reillys in Newbridge do a good deal on them including all the ancillary bits like battery, sensors, bell box etc.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

from listening to the radio during the week and how burglars get into houses --taking out the window panes --I would ask about PIR sensors also.
    These are Pulse Infra-Red -- and detect motion in a room.

So If a window is taken out -the alarm will still go off.

I will be doing this after Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

karltimber

what was the piece on the radio - weve just be talking about windows and burglars in another thread and it seems there are easier ways of getting in without removing glass. Our debate is around whether windows should be glazed from inside or outside.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054849421

Curious to know where you heard the piece.

Would also recommend Aritech

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dfitzer

I got phonewatch recently €680 all in (the house was pre-wired) - three months free monitoring - €20 a month after that. So far so good and i reckon it is worth it just to have the box on the wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Hello Zub, you never said if your house is wired or not..If it is I'd recommend either the Astec System or the Aritech CS250 (The CS350 is a bit dated at this stage) If your going with Astec get the 63DV which incorporates a voice dialler to ring your mobile.This is a much easier set up than the Aritech system. Don't buy off T O Reilly's they will rip you off. On average they are 50-70% dearer than alarm wholesalers. Astec will sell to you direct for cash & a full system should cost you about €400 for the equipment you need.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

towbar wrote:
    karltimber

what was the piece on the radio - weve just be talking about windows and burglars in another thread and it seems there are easier ways of getting in without removing glass. Our debate is around whether windows should be glazed from inside or outside.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054849421

Curious to know where you heard the piece.

Would also recommend Aritech

Thanks.

Hi
    It was the gerry Ryam show on Mon/tues of this week.
    Folks telling tales of how alarms were NOT set off even though the glass was removed.
    I think myself I will be installing PIR units also.
    Easy to install with an alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

beller b wrote:
    Hello Zub, you never said if your house is wired or not..If it is I'd recommend either the Astec System or the Aritech CS250 (The CS350 is a bit dated at this stage) If your going with Astec get the 63DV which incorporates a voice dialler to ring your mobile.This is a much easier set up than the Aritech system. Don't buy off T O Reilly's they will rip you off. On average they are 50-70% dearer than alarm wholesalers. Astec will sell to you direct for cash & a full system should cost you about €400 for the equipment you need.
    I paid less than €400 from TO'R when I bought my alarm and all the bits from him...I suppose it all depends on how many sensors you buy.

There was something mentioned a few weeks back on another thread and that was to glue the magnetic part of the sensor to the glass and so if the glass is removed, then the alarm goes off. PIR's are only good if they're switched on and at night I have the house on part guard so they are off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Zub

beller b wrote:
    I'd recommend either the Astec System or the Aritech CS250 (The CS350 is a bit dated at this stage) If your going with Astec get the 63DV which incorporates a voice dialler to ring your mobile.This is a much easier set up than the Aritech system. Don't buy off T O Reilly's they will rip you off. On average they are 50-70% dearer than alarm wholesalers. Astec will sell to you direct for cash & a full system should cost you about €400 for the equipment you need.
    Hi,
    thank you everybody for responses. Do you know contacts of Astec or Aritech wholesalers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I'm not going to post names here... But PM me & I'll get it sorted for you.

Advertisement