Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with dishwasher in new apartment (for 6 weeks)

Options
  • 17-11-2005 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this should be here or consumer issues or here.

Ok long story short,

Bought an apartment. Moved in. Everything fine for 2 weeks. Dishwasher stops working. Management company sends some guy out,it works again for about 2/3 days.

Rang management company, they passed me to the electrical comapny who apparently fitted the machine. They pass me on to the supplier of the dishwasher. The suppliers technician comes out & says he can't do anything with it because its integrated (as in built into the kitchen).

So back onto the electrical company, they say that it is the suppliers fault, then out comes another technician. Has a closer look. Says the thing its been installed properly.

Back onto the electrical company, told him what he says. Was given the number of the guy who actually fitted the machine. He agrees to send someone out.

Guy comes out, takes it out & puts it back in. Machine doesn't work. Back onto the supplier, they've given me an appointment for monday.

Basically fed up with the whole thing. Rang the Management & development companyabout 15 minutes ago and said if its not fixed on monday that they'll be receiving a letter from my solicitor.

Can somebody offer me advice on where i stand?? before I strangle the whole lot of them, I think the time I'd do for it would be worth it though.

Cheers,
    Keyser.

Ps. Apologies because that wasn't a short story at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

First, congratulations on your new acquisition. :D

Second, sit back, relax, it isn't the end of the world. :p

Tell everyone, in writing, that you would like it sorted out. Either they have it working by X date or you want a replacement dishwasher. Don't get emotiional, because they won't get emotional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Andrew Duffy

Now I see why even very high end apartments come without electrical goods. Good luck getting it sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Can somebody offer me advice on where i stand??

Beside the sink ;)

Advertisement