Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do you think its worth?

Options
  • 17-11-2005 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys
    am thinking of selling my car just wanna know what you guys think its worth? i have a fair idea of what i think its worth?
    heres some details about

(late i think) 2000 Fiat Bravo 1.2sx 16v 80
    Powder blue
    alloy wheels (tyres rear 90%, front 70-80%)
    full abarth body kit
    50,000 miles
    New timing belt at 40000
    new clutch at 45000
    gearbox is in very good condition (rare i know but i have had it checked for every service)
    Been serviced three times since i have owned it (since 39000miles)
    interior is in immaculate conditioned cleaned about once a week or two
    seats are very very clean and i have put some Classic(the brand not style) seat covers about 10months ago.
    pioneer cd/mp3 unit installed(professionally) a year ago (cost €375)
    Sigma S series alarm installed(professionally)18 months ago (cost €350)
    paintwork is excellent
    no faults with the car at all

I think thats all anything else i think of and i'll add it later

Thanks Guys

ps I know there may be a lot of fiat bravo haters out there but if you give me a educated estimated price id be very grateful:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Private sale, advertise for €4995 (from your description it sounds in great condition) and let it go for a few hundred less

If I were you, I'd consider holding on to it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I agree with unkels estimate, I'd say approx 4 grand. Which is not a lot for a 00 car with 50k on it. You seem to have spent a lot on it but I'm afraid you'll get little of that back. Most punters won't care that the car has a nearly new clutch and timing belt and has been serviced well. The mp3 unit might encourage some but the alarm won't as in this throwaway society a car like this will be seen as being not worth alarming. Also, I would personally be put off by the bodykit and would prefer if it wasn't on the car. The colour isn't the best either....

I am just saying what I think potential buyers will be thinking, no offence to you or the car. Maybe unkel is right, and you should hang onto it if you like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I deal in cars for a living and i'd say you'd be all out to get three grand for your car. I was offered a 1.6 Marea ( I know its a bigger model ) the other day with 44k miles and a full main dealer service history and a spotless car for thirteen hundred euros. I'm afraid I wasn't tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

junkyard wrote:
    I was offered a 1.6 Marea ( I know its a bigger model )

Not really a fair comparison imho. The Bravo is only a 1.2 and the running costs would be affordable to way more people. The relatively powerful engine is a very attractive proposition. However buys this, be it at €4k or €4.5k, is getting very good value for money. OP would be mad to sell it for €3k tbh
    neacy69 wrote:
    i have a fair idea of what i think its worth

How much were you thinking about when you posted this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

my opinion, which has been based on viewing ad's on autotader.ie, buyandsell.ie, carzone.ie and the local rags, was between (advertised)4600-4950 because of the few extra's and immaculate condition. I would, in the end of a sale problably let her go for a couple hundred less at the very most (cos of the money i put into it) The only reason i wanted to sell her is cos lately i have been wanting something with more power although the bravo has lots (i mean lots!) of speed in her but hasn't been meeting the power needs i have been wanting (if ya can undertand what i mean!!!):D

• Advertisement
Advertisement