Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLI v's Crossfire

Options
  • 17-11-2005 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

hey guys,

i am about to build my first monster pc and i want to know should i go with a SLI or crossfire board.

initally i am only going to get one card (budget €500)

thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I'd go crossfire, i would have done it with my one but could'nt get a crossfire board at the time, i'm an impatient mofo so i went SLI. doing the same myself, got a cheapass 6800, will get another soon enough. 2 X 500 cards is waay overkill in my opinion not unless you're doing specials effects for starwars episode 7 or something like it.

wait a minute did'nt i just...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I think i would go SLI as i would think crossfire will have problems for the first few months. And at the moment i read that Nvida with the new addition of the 7800 range is the best card out there at the moment ? Even beats the best ATI card.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

best go with the sli for the minute anyway.. pair of 6600's would be nice but not monster!

just geting one 7800gtx from overclockers.co.uk for the minute is your fastest way to a monster pc!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Doc_Savage wrote:
    best go with the sli for the minute anyway.. pair of 6600's would be nice but not monster!

just geting one 7800gtx from overclockers.co.uk for the minute is your fastest way to a monster pc!

i agree, wait for crossfire to get "mature", if u can strech it get 1 7800gtx 512meg now (700 yoyos)

Advertisement