Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eyeshadow that stays put?

• 17-11-2005 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

i'm just wondering if anybody knows of any brand of eyeshadow that is particularly good at staying put, and not slipping off or going into the creases of the eyelid. i know that benefit do the fy eye stuff which you put on before eyeshadow to keep it in place, but that's not what i'm looking for. sorry for being so fussy...
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

One word...MAC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

MAC crinckles for me two. I think it depends on what sort of eyelids you have actually. Mine have folds in them so I think this problem is unavoidable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

OOOH the little tubs of Boujaire (I so can't spell!), that are kinda sparkly not matt, they have instructions! Wet the applicator putting it on and you're sorted! The bright goldy green is fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

what u need is a product called "lemonade". its made by benifit. u put it on before u apply ur eyeshadow and it keeps "any" eyeshadow in place!

where can one acquire this "lemonade"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

sorry, i spelt it wrong, its lemon-aid. boots have a benefit stand as do arrnots. bt's in town also. its not very expensive, mabye 8 euro and its in a lovely little compac with mirror

excellent... now when will I next be in a town that has any of those shops...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

catspring wrote:
    i know that benefit do the fy eye stuff which you put on before eyeshadow to keep it in place, but that's not what i'm looking for.
    thanks
    wrote:
    what u need is a product called "lemonade". its made by benifit. u put it on before u apply ur eyeshadow and it keeps "any" eyeshadow in place!
    enough said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Clinique eyeshadows seem to last. I use the duo in Strawberry Fudge almost every day and I find it stays put all day. I don't use any primers or things like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

MAC is great. There's different types of MAC eyeshadows like matt, sparkley etc and these have different staying powers. I think it also does depend on how you prepare your skin before. I find if I put foundation on my eyelid first it makes the eyelid less stickey and slippy.
    You should get a MAC makeover in BTs. You have to book well in advance though. They'll show you how you should apply it, what tools to use for best results etc. It costs about €25 but you get that back in products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

LadyLotts wrote:
    Clinique eyeshadows seem to last. I use the duo in Strawberry Fudge almost every day and I find it stays put all day. I don't use any primers or things like that.
    They don't last for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I've had Mac 'Carbon' (it's a black colour) on for over 12 hours and there's only very slight creasing. Can't do better than that really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bookee

"Mac" IS the way to go...! Staying power, colours, effects, and lasts for ages!
    I've only ever used their (created by them ?) eyeshadows, though. What else do they do that's practical to get ? :rolleyes:

Advertisement