Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two threads of the day

Options
  • 17-11-2005 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

The thread of the day feature appears to be updating twice a day, at 0330 and again at 1000 hrs.

is this intentional? if not I just want to make the admin aware of it.

thanks in advance.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Well spotted... although I've seen a lot of rubbish threads being acclaimed as the thread of the day ... so I've stopped even checking it.
    Why not link it to thread ratings/views/replies? o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

Just noticed that myself while in the biki. It's updated whenever the DHTML menu is updated. That must be happening twice a day now for some reason.

EDIT: Are you sure it wasn't just today? There's another thread suggesting it was b0rked after 10 today...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

the thread referring to Beats nickname was picked up this morning so I added it to the biki as todays thread. but there is was a new thread around 5pm when i checked it again.

now there is one "best quad band phone?" i cannot remember if this was the one that I was looking at earlier.

also the statistics feature on the drop down menu is fooked as well
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~billythesquid/DHTMLmenu.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

The DHTML menu was regenerated manually today, hope this explains it.

This was to fix the Thread Stats thing.

Advertisement