Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best value wireless Router

• 17-11-2005 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Have to move my BT Broadband router down stairs so I need to buy a wireless router to give me full speed. Anyone recommend best value wireless router.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

Someone is selling the Motorola wr850G wireless router for 30 euro on the web. They are based down in Galway but for the life of me, I cannot remember their name but I will check through some invoices later. Its a great G router for that price and also has a 4 port hub. I have two installed at home and share my connection with 4 houses and it handles the connection well. You can also bridge between two.

If you get one, make sure you upgrade the firmware from Motorola to 6.14.

I will dig out the name of the supplier later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dunser

Cam amyone else help here
    Have PC World got any good deals on wireless routers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

dunser wrote:
    Cam amyone else help here

Have PC World got any good deals on wireless routers

Surely the logical thing is to call in and find out?

Having said that it is not clear what exactly you want. You have moved your bb router downstairs and now want a wireless router - what sort of set up exactly are you aiming for?

The linksys WAG354G is available in argos for about 99 euros and the linksys wag54g should be around town for around 110 euros - they are all in ones in that they have a built in adsl modem. If you just wanted a wireless router the linksys wrt54g seems to be the one that most people go for on here.

Advertisement