Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola V3

• 17-11-2005 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Seriously thinking of getting the V3 as its on speakeasy for €199 at the moment, but just wondering how many texts you can store on it as my sister could only store 20 (and the same on her sim) with her motorola that she got about a year ago... My current phone stores about 60 (and another 20 on the sim) so would be looking for sth similar with the V3... also any comments on the phone, good or bad would be great... had a look through the past few pages and of course can't search, but didn't see anything much in the way of reviews...

thanks a mill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Elvis Mc Fonzy

this phone is crap!! i spend all day fixing these and i wish people would stop buying them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I'd put a worth of about 50 quid on them, €200, you could get a good phone for that much :) What about the Sony Ericsson k750? They're nice and if you look about you might get one for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

this phone is crap!! i spend all day fixing these and i wish people would stop buying them!!

What happens with them? I was under the illusion Motorolas were pretty good these days.

Also, on speakeasy you get €90 credit and 300 free texts. Means you are paying less than €100 for the phone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

oooh thanks for the feedback guys... iv got an ericsson t630 which i love but getting a bit bored with it. however i think i'll wait a bit and leave off on the V3... even if it does look hot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Elvis Mc Fonzy

they is so much electronics packed in to such a small space that they are VERY fragile, as in if it falls onto concrete while open it has a 50:50 chance of still being usable afterwards. Also there is a problem with a lot of the displays flickering while making a call as well as the usual software issues. So dont say you werent warned!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

maidhc wrote:
    What happens with them? I was under the illusion Motorolas were pretty good these days.

Also, on speakeasy you get €90 credit and 300 free texts. Means you are paying less than €100 for the phone...

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE SAY THAT. YOU CANT FRIKIN BUY THE BLOODY PHONE WITHOUT THE CREDIT AND GET IT FOR CHEAPER SO DONT EVEN MENTION IT! caps sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

liamskater wrote:
    I HATE WHEN PEOPLE SAY THAT. YOU CANT FRIKIN BUY THE BLOODY PHONE WITHOUT THE CREDIT AND GET IT FOR CHEAPER SO DONT EVEN MENTION IT! caps sorry!

You can buy it without the credit alright, but not cheaper: http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=120110

Personally, being an O2 customer I would be reasonably happy with the speakeasy price if I wanted a new phone. Sure €90 credit doesnt cost o2 €90, but it would cost me €90, and that frankly is all that matters.

Last few phones I have bought have been about €60 with €80 credit. Whats the problem with that? Should O2 have paid me €20 to take the phone?

@Elvis
    Thanks for the advice, I was actually half thinking of buying one as a present. Maybe a Nokia 6101(or something) instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭cil_aine

so does anyone have one?
    i'm thinking of getting one for x-mas or earlier
    (my samsung e700 is shoite, cracked front screen, battery falling out etc etc)
    pros/cons? please reply would be of great interest to me. atm it's a throw up between samsung e720/samsung d600/ motorola V3 RAZR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

If you have the chance get a D600 without a doubt/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

maidhc wrote:

you were under a mistaken illusion :) ive seen the battery in a v220 literally melt in front of me an burn a hole in a mouse mat

• Advertisement
Advertisement